s i x

I walked in past him and he closed the door after me.

"Can we sit down?", I asked. I was really nervous right now and I didn't know how to express my feelings. I was really bad at this stuff.

"Yeah, come on", he said. I followed him into the living room and sat on the couch. He sat on the love seat in front of me. "So was there a reason you came here?"

"Yes", I said. He just sat there staring at me before I realized I had to explain myself. "Oh, um, I just wanted to talk about what's going on with us."

"Go on."

So I continued, "I like you."

"I like you too", he smiled.

"I'm not done. I like you but things like this", I pointed to my neck, "can't happen. Especially while we're in a classroom where anyone can walk in."

"I know. I'm sorry about that."

"I also just wanted to tell you I'm not very good at showing my emotions or being affectionate. When I was in a relationship with that ass, he was the affectionate one. So I don't want you to think I'm losing interest in you. If I'm losing interest I'll tell you that."

"Hopefully that doesn't happen", he said with a laugh.

"You also can't just come up to my dorm like that because someone will get suspicious and say something."

"Okay and who cares what they think?"

"Can't we get in trouble for that?", I asked. I'm almost sure a professor is not supposed to have intimate relationships with their student.

"Unless they see us doing anything physical then where's the proof right? If it makes you feel better I'll just call you to come down if I want to take you out or invite you over. I don't want anyone to get in between this because I can see it going somewhere."

"I agree... Well I should probably go now.", I said while standing up.

He stood up too. "No, no. Stay here. Let's watch a movie or something. I have kettle corn." He said that with a wide smile knowing that I loved kettle corn and I couldn't disagree.

I sat back down and he set up the DVD player.

"You pick a movie and I'll go make the popcorn. And get comfortable, Jordan, I can see how stiff you are", he said before going into the kitchen.

I laughed and got up to look for a movie. He had so many to pick from. He had to have at least 100 of them just lined up on his shelf. As I was looking I came across one of my all time favorite movies. Jurassic Park. I've been in love with this movie since I was a little girl. I could watch it over and over again. I took the CD out of the case and put it into the DVD player then sat back on the couch. I heard microwave beeps going off and soon after Jacob joined me in the living room.

"Is it okay if I sit next to you?", he asked with the big bowl of popcorn in his hands.

"Of course", I said scooting over so that he could sit by the arm of the couch while I was in the middle.

The main menu to the movie came on and so did the music. Jacob looked at me with a smirk. "Really?"

"It's my favorite movie", I laughed, "shut up."

"You know, I'm not even surprised. You look like a Jurassic Park type of girl." He handed me the bowl and got the remote off the table to press play.

By the middle of the movie, the popcorn was gone and I was leaning on his shoulder. It got to the scene where the t-Rex ate the man that was using the bathroom in that handmade porta-potty when I had started drifting off. As much as I loved this movie, I always fell asleep at some point but I do that with most of the movies I watch.