The new kid

5 years later...

Ryan walked into school with his head down. He quickly walked into his class and sat at a table at the back of the room. Something hit him of the head, he looked down to see a crumpled piece of paper. He picked it up and carefully unfolded it. "FAGGOT" was written in messy writing on the paper. Ryan sighed and threw it into the bin that was close to him.

The teacher walked in and the room fell silent. "Morning students, today we have a new student!" The teacher beamed. "Please stand up and introduce yourself." He said gesturing to a boy sitting a few desks along from Ryan. The boy stood up "Hey, my names Brendon and I..um.. I like music I guess.." Brendon awkwardly sat back down in his seat. "Thank you Brendon! Everyone, make sure you make Brendon feel welcomed and show him around the school." The teacher said before turning around and started writing something on the bored.

After class, the halls were buzzing with students rushing to their next class. Ryan tried his best to get through the crowd without bumping into anyone. Suddenly something ran into him, he looked down to the figure who had been pushed to the ground. It was the new kid, Brendon. Ryan extended a hand to Brendon to help him up which Brendon accepted. "Shit, I'm so sorry!" Brendon said once he stood up. "No, it's alright." Ryan replied. Before now, Ryan never really had a close look at Brendon. He had soft brown eyes along with dark brown hair messily styled into a side fringe. "So, you heading to your next class?" Ryan asked. Brendon nodded "Yeah, but I'm kinda lost.." Brendon replied laughing lightly. "What class?" Ryan asked. "Art." Brendon replied looking down at his time table in his hand. "Oh cool, I have that class now too. We can go together! Uh..I mean.. if you want to.. I can totally just tell you where it is and leav-" "I'd love to go with you." Brendon replied smiling. "Alright." Ryan smiled back. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" Brendon said. "I'm Ryan." Ryan replied. "Nice to meet you Ryan. You know what, I think we're gonna be good friends." Brendon said smiling brightly. "Me too." Ryan replied. Then they walked to art class together and hung out for the whole lesson.