Diary Entry Three.

| | DIARY ENTRY THREE | |

"THANK YOU, SIR." Charlie, my assistant said as I handed over to him a wad of papers.

Nodding curtly, I gestured to the door with my hand. “You can have your lunch break now.”

He smiled and thanked me before leaving the room and closing the door behind him on the way out. It was 12.06pm, which meant that it was the lunch break and that nearly everyone in the building would be gone for their lunch. And that meant that everyone would be gone, leaving me alone.

Despite the fact that I was the owner of a huge corporate business where people would love to work for me and that I was surrounded by people all the time, I was still lonely. Only because there are always people with or around me, that didn’t mean that they actually cared much about me. They just wanted to get on my good side so that they would either keep their or job or get a pay rise.

There wasn’t anyone in this world that I cared much about; other than Noah and his group of friends who were also Alexis’ friends. And that meant that I was alone.

After a couple more moments of contemplating over this theory of loneliness, my eyes landed over a certain brown book. One that I hadn’t touched in nearly two weeks because it seemed pointless.

But now I had nothing better to do so why not read a diary entry or two to pass the time?

| | 31STJANUARY 2013 | |

Everyday people ask me,

are you two going out?

You don’t know how painful it is to say

“We’re just friends.”

“This one.”

“No, this one.”

 “I’m going to be wearing it, so I get to choose.” I stated very matter of factly.

 “No!” She yelled.

 “Fine. But I get to do your make-up.”

 “No.”

“Fine!”

Ashley flashed me a triumphant grin. You see the thing is Ash and me were arguing about what I would wear tonight, to the club. She wanted me to wear a pink dress and I wanted to wear a black one. Luckily, I had won that argument and would not have to wear a bright pink dress all night. Unluckily, I had lost the argument about my make-up and that means that I would have to go through the torture.

I don’t know how Ash does it, but she can take so long doing someone’s make-up.

Louise, Lou, was sitting on the bed the whole time laughing at both of us. She was already dressed in a little midnight blue dress and matching make-up. She was smart enough to get ready well before Ash got to her. Lou was smart, unlike all those blonde stereotypes that people had in their heads.

I got dressed in the bathroom and let Ash get out all the make-up and stuff. I slipped on the little black dress. It was nice and simple and I was pretty sure that I looked good in it. I wore a black and silver beady necklace around my neck, some black and white rubber bands on my arm and a pair of black pumps with silver studs at the back, borrowed from Lou.

 “You look great.” Lou appreciated my outfit as I walked back into the room.

 “Thanks. They guys are still busy playing on Noah’s new video game. They didn’t even notice me walk by.”