Diary Entry Five.

| | DIARY ENTRY FIVE | |

MY PHONE BUZZED on the kitchen table as I received a text from Ashley who was friends with my daughter. Ash was like a daughter to me so we kept in touch, but she would never be able to fill in that space in my heart where Alexis used to be.

Remember. At 6pm sharp. She wrote. And that was it. Nothing more, nothing less. And once again, I was back to doing nothing by myself.

After making myself a sandwich and eating it in complete silence, it seemed that there was nothing for me to do. Well, at least there was something for me to do this evening. Normally, at this time of day then I would be at work in the office until at least 7.00pm in the evening. But today was my day off and it seemed like my employees didn’t need me around, so I decided to stay home. But what a bad decision that turned out to be. Never again!

Seeing as this was my day off work, I decided that I would take the local bus around the town before getting off at the stop just in front of the Brown’s house. But what a grave mistake that turned out to be.

As I sat on the bus I noticed that the little brown book had somehow managed to make its way into my bag. Sighing, I looked away from it and turned to observe the rest of the people sat on the bus along with me.

There were mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and even grandmothers. All part of one big happy family. Except for me. All around me people were together; all except me. Mothers were with sons and fathers were with daughters. I still remembered when I would take days off work to spend time with Alexis just because I couldn’t say no to her. But things like that didn’t happen anymore. I no longer had a motive to take a break, or to even smile. She was gone. They both were.

To escape from the torment that the world seemed to be throwing at me, I opened up the little brown book and escaped from my life into my daughter’s previous one.

| | 9TH MARCH 2013 | |

“Please, come in.” A beautiful lady opened the door wide, ushering us all in.

She was in her forties but she still had managed to look glamorous. Her blonde hair was in a bun at the top of her head. She wore a classy purple dress which looked great on her. She wore minimal make – up, this just showed her natural beauty. She held a huge smile, welcoming us all in to her house.

We all stood in the hall way, taking off our coats. The house was even nicer inside. It was a huge, old townhouse. The house was warm and welcoming. The walls were painted with a black border and a blue ceiling. It looked like this was a theme that ran through the whole house. There was a huge staircase just before of the door. I’m pretty sure I would feel like a princess if I were to walk down the staircase every day.

“Hey, guys.” Taylor came out of one of the rooms and smiled at all of us; giving us hugs. She stopped at Noah and gave him a kiss.

“I hope you guys like my home. Come one in here, I want you to meet my father.” Taylor led us to the room that she had just come from.

This room was quite large. There was one of those large, corner leather sofas. (It was white; I’m so surprised that it’s still white. I would ever be able to keep it white. There was a very large plasma screen TV, and by the looks of it, it was either brand new or very well kept. There was a little black coffee table and a mesmerising chandelier hanging from the ceiling. You could easily say that the Brown’s had some extra money to splash.

I loved the paintings. There were two paintings in the room. They were both landscape paintings. One of them was of a mountainous area. The mountains were visible in the background. Ahead of the mountains was a beautiful lake, with a forest surrounding it. It was quite obvious that the mountains were the heart of the painting. The other painting was of a rusty, old shed. From the colours used, I could tell that it was late autumn. There were trees in the painting; their leaves had turned a slightly red-ish, brown-ish colour. It was a nice painting but I preferred the mountain one.