Diary Entry Six.

| | DIARY ENTRY SIX | |

AT THIS MOMENT of time, I was in an art gallery marvelling at some of the work on display with a few of my colleagues. They had insisted that I go out tonight and thought that an art gallery would be the best option seeing as I happened to have an eye for art.

They claimed that I’ve been in a slump for a while now and it was time to break out of that slump and join the real word. Their words, not mine.

As I was walking through the gallery, admiring the art work as I went along, I came across a particular painting which triggered something inside of me. Whether it was good or bad was still undecided.

 | | 13TH MARCH 2013 | |

A little bit more here and… a little bit more there. I stood back and admired the painting.

It was plain and simple, yet effective. It was of a girl –me- who was holding a cuddly, brown teddy bear. The girl was standing there, clutching her teddy to her. The bear was obviously some sort of significant object to her. Some people may look at it and say ‘whatever’. But others will look at it and see what I put into it.

I want people to feel the sorrow that this girl is going through. To feel all the emotions. I wanted them to see more than just a girl holding a bear. I wanted them to see me. To see past the exterior and into my soul.

Sighing, I looked at me watch. 5.07 pm, it read. It was late and I was tired from a day at the studio. I was feeling kind of depressed. A night out was needed and I knew exactly who to call.

I left the building and waved bye to Nigel. Whipping out my cell phone, I dialled her number.

“Hey Ash, grab Lou. We’re going for a girl’s night out.”

“I’ll order the medium fries and veggie burger, please.”

“Sure. Your order will be here soon.” Our waiter smiled and left, having scribbled down everything.

We decided that we would have dinner and then go out to a club or something. We would decide later.

I was expecting Ash and Lou, so I was surprised to see that Taylor had also come along. I didn’t really mind that she came along, I was just surprised. The more the merrier. Well, that was what I was trying to convince myself anyway.

“So Taylor, what do you do?”  I asked her out of curiosity. I would like to get to know her ad give a chance. I mean, it’s not like she did anything wrong.

She looked up and gave me a warm smile. It seemed that she was pleased that I had asked her something. I guess she felt all the tension and awkwardness. “Umm… I’m a photographer actually.”

This perked the interest of not just me, but the rest of the table.

“A photographer?”

“What models have you met?”

“Can we see your portfolio?”

We were all asking her so many questions. She just sat back in her seat and laughed. We all gave her weird looks as she did… that.

Se calmed herself down and wiped a tear from her cheek. “That was so funny. I’ve never got a reaction like that before.”

Ash chucked some salad at her and she answered our questions. “Yes, I’m a photographer. I‘ll show you my portfolio some other time since I don’t have it with me right now. Umm… I have met some models and …”