3

Adrian's P.O.V.

→TᕼE ᑎE᙭T ᗪᗩY←

I do something that I haven't done in a long time. I go to the cemetery. I pull up to the dreaded but beautiful spot underneath the big oak tree. I still can't believe he's dead. I trace the name engraved into the headstone with my finger:

LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS

It's all my fault. If I hadn't asked him to go to the grocery store for ice cream that drunk driver never would have hit him.

"It's been a while since I've been here. But I still feel the same pain as if it were only yesterday. Some weird things are happening. I keep imagining that I'm seeing you around. I don't know, I guess I'm just missing you a lot. It's all my fault that you aren't here. It should've been me, not you. I loved you, Luke. I still do! You were and still are my everything and I just hope we'll see each other again. I love you," I say before getting up and wiping my tears.

As I'm walking to my car, I hear someone clear their throat. I look up into the oak tree and there's Luke looking down at me.

"Luke? Wait-what-how?!"

"I've been sent to watch over you. I'm your guardian angel, but I'm only allowed to be seen at short periods of time. But I just want to tell you not to miss me too much because I'll always be in your heart, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't move on and find love. You just need to make sure that he's right for you," Luke starts to flicker in and out of sight, "Shit, I don't have much time left. But, know that I'm always with you even if you can't see me." And with that he is completely gone.

There is a gust of wind and I can hear Luke's voice, "I love you."