Chapter 8 Party

🎉🎀|| May 27th, 1990 ||🎀🎉

I was sitting outside on my front porch at almost ten at night when I saw Proofs car pull up. I looked over and cocked my head to the side in confusion. Normally he texts before he shows up to my house.

"Aye!" he greeted as he rolled down the window. That's when I realized the car was packed with most of the rest of the guys. Except for Marshall.

I had been avoiding Marshall for the past three days. When he would text or call, I'd ignore it. When he'd knock at my door, I would make sure it was completely silent so he didn't suspect I was inside.

"Hey, you wanna go to a party with me and the guys?" Proof asked from the car.

I groaned loud enough so he could hear. "Why didn't you warn me?" I asked. "I would've gotten ready."

"You look clean," Denaun commented from the passengers seat.

"That's because I took a shower an hour ago, dumbass," I laughed. "Just let me go get dressed. It won't take any longer than ten minutes."

"Aight, go on, girl," Proof granted permission.

I skittered inside and hurried to my room. I pulled out my favorite top and put it on. I swiped on my favorite faded booty shorts with rips and the pockets poking out at the bottom. I ran a brush through my hair and touched up my makeup here and there before slipping on my white Chuck Taylor's.

I checked over myself once in the mirror then went outside to Proofs car. I started to climb in the back, but remembered there was no room. "Uh, I can't fit," I pointed out.

"You're gonna have to sit on someone's lap, shorty," Proof said. "There's more room if you sit on Kon's lap."

"Okay," I sighed and closed the back door, then opened the front. I sat myself on Denauns lap, trying my hardest to not be awkward about it. I closed the door behind me and the car zoomed to life, which had Denaun holding onto my waist with one hand and another on my hip.

"So," Proof started. "Why have you been ignoring Slim?" he questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "He told you?"

"Yeah," he answered. "He said you haven't been answering his calls."

"I'm still mad at him," I admitted.

"He didn't mean it, Amber," he said. "He was angry. You attacked his girlfriend."

"Do you know if they're back together?" I asked, curiosity clawing at me.

"No," he answered. "So far, so good."

I nodded my head and looked straight out the window shield.

We all talked and joked on the way there, but it wasn't that long of a drive. The place that the party was at was huge. It was a three story house with a huge front and backyard. It was packed, too. There were crowds of people scattered across the yard, porch, and there was even a group of friends on the roof. The music was blasting from the house, so much so that we could hear it before we even got on the street.

"Whoo!" Kuniva cheered as we all jumped out of the car and made our way into the house. "This is lit!"

"Hell yeah!" Bizarre jumped, but only like two inches off the ground.