Chapter 4

Keep in mind that all my chapters are unedited and may contain mistakes.

SONG - WE MUST BE KILLERS - MIKKY EKKO

I jerked away from his hold "What?"

Reign had a passive expression "Are you deaf? I said that I've decided to help you find your sister."

A knot lodged in my throat "I-I don't need your help. The police are on top of it." With every single fiber inside of me I wanted him gone from my sight. How on earth did he find where I worked? During the time we met I never let any intimate details of my personal life slip. I wasn't stupid (something yet to be proven completely); I knew that he was dangerous and the very worst thing about a dangerous man is when he knows something about you. I had made sure that he left with barely a trace to remember.

Yet here he was, casually sitting on my desk with his leather combat boots splayed over my chair. His black hair combed in a wave and grey eyes twinkling with mischief I didn't even want to comprehend. He looked at home.

As though we were old buddies and he came for a social visit.

Reign chuckled "You should be jumping for joy Watson. I've agreed to help you. Isn't that what you want just yesterday?" like I really needed a proud reminder of my utter stupidity.

I sighed "I'm sorry but I really don't need your help. Turns out that I was wrong and the police do have it handled. They're actually doing a great job." I didn't even know where the hell these lies were coming from. All I knew was that they were coming in fast and steady. Heaven knew that I didn't even have complete faith in Connor who was actually dedicated to the cause, not to even speak about the rest of the police force.

He studied me carefully. I did my best not to physically waver under his gaze. Cluing him in on what I was really feeling was the last thing I needed in the current situation.

Reign placed his palm on the desk and shifted his body closer to where I stood. I stiffened moving back but he grabbed my arm "Don't you even want to know what made me change my mind?"

"No," I replied flatly.

He grinned, the tips of his too-sharp-for-a-human canines glistening "I never changed my mind. I was going to agree from the moment that I saw you."

Inside I battled with my curiosity. Egging him on would only prolong this whole debacle and convince him to continue pushing his assistance on me. Still my cursed human nature was aching to understand what game Reign seemed to be playing.

I pushed his grip away "Why?"

"I wanted to see you beg," His grin was utterly devilish. "I wanted to hear the way you pleaded, nearly falling on your knees and spilling tears just so that I could help you find your poor little runaway sister."

Hot anger seared right through my chest. I raised my hand to hit him but he was faster and caught my wrists in a vice-like grip.

"You fucking bastard," I spat.

Reign looked undeterred "Ah ah, that's no way to talk to your savior now Watson. Manners maketh man."

I furiously tried to wring my hands free "I'd like to make your face into a toilet bowl so that it can eat shit much better!"

Suddenly, Reign slammed my hands against the desk. I shouted in pain but he still didn't let go. My wrists throbbed and I hated how weak I felt in the moment. I was a man dammit. He had no right to treat me like a rag doll. Especially not by humiliating me this way. Reign was pressing my two hands against the desk with just one fucking hand.