three.

—

From: elysewreaths@gmail.com
To: scottmccall21@gmail.com
Subject: How's life?

Dear Scott,

How's life? I would like to think your life is going beautifully, no bumps in the road. You don't have me. I hope that improves your life. I apologize for being a burden. At least you realized it before it was too late.

Was it because I was too clingy? Just asking. I apologize if I was. I didn't mean it. But I guess that's just it. I didn't mean it. It's my personality. I was the problem, oh god. I'm so sorry, Scott.

You were so nice to me. You treated me with respect and equality. What did I do to make you let go? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. Whatever I did, I didn't mean it. I swear it. I didn't mean to make you drop me. I just, you know, thought I deserved an explanation? Maybe? Just maybe? No?

You know I've had questions roaming my mind since you stopped talking to me. I remember that day crystal clear. I shouldn't. But I do. I think it's the heartbreak? I was at my locker and you went up to Stiles. Then you and Stiles had gone off, without even acknowledging me. I thought, oh, maybe it's lacrosse? But it became a pattern. You never bothered with me. You didn't come up to my locker for a whole week. You'd rush out of class, not giving me time to say hi.

When I went up to your locker, you said, "Hey! Sorry, I have to go. See you!" You were so cheery. But that became such an excuse. You never bothered to come up with anything more. But I saw you with Allison. All the time. Then it struck me. You liked Allison more than you could ever like me.

I remember texting you about her. Then you went into depth about her. How much you were infatuated with her. That infatuation turned into love. I never understood the meaning of the word. Maybe because the only person I ever loved, could never love me back.

I'm sorry.

Draft saved.