four.

—

From: elysewreaths@gmail.com
To: scottmccall21@gmail.com
Subject: Are you well?

Dear Scott,

Are you well? How is your father? I saw him the other day. He looked fine. Are you fine? Are you okay? I hope you are. Is your mother alright? I saw her the other day at the hospital. Don't ask why I was at the hospital. She said hi. She asked why I was never over. I shrugged, saying that me and you just fell out of our friendship. She raised her eyebrow and said "Oh. Well it was nice seeing you, Elyse." She's so nice. How did all the nice people in my life leave me?

How could I let them leave me? How could I act in such a way to make them leave me. I apologize for my behavior.

It's 2am. I'm staying up. I couldn't sleep. Not even blink. I don't know why. I thought of Allison. Then of Kira. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. I apologize. Jealousy is horrible. I shouldn't be. They're so lovely. I hope Kira is well. I'm sorry for Allison. She was nice to me as well.

I never talked to Isaac Lahey. But I saw the way in school how he would make Allison smile. How he smiled. I thought maybe you would be jealous. But you seemed so fine with them, I'm jealous. Even though I shouldn't be. You're so pure. I can get why you dropped me. I would drop me.

I'm sure you didn't want Allison thinking I was like your girlfriend or something crazy like that. I get it, I really do. I just wish you told me why before leaving. I've come up with so many theories.

I'm sorry.

Draft saved.