Chapter 2

As soon as I entered the cafe, Melanie gleefully swam out from behind the counter.
"Tali! Hi, how are you?!?"
I rush to hug her.
"I'm fine, Melanie. How are you and Andy?"
Melanie smiles wide.
"Oh we're great. Thanks for asking! You're usual?"
I nod and Melanie disappears behind grey doors to get my order.
I spot Lila talking to Andy.
As I swim over, I notice both are talking in a hushed voice and Lila looks extremely uncomfortable.
"Hey, everything ok?"
Andy whirls to look at me.
"Tali!! Good to see you! No, I'm fine. I was just discussing Academy matters with Lila here. Lila, I'm sorry to chew your ear off, I'll let you two chat. Bye girls!!"
I blink.
"That was weird."
"Yeah." Lila agrees, her voice drifting off. Her eyes are set in a far-away look, and she looks lost in her thoughts.
"You ok?" I say, sitting next to her.
"Yeah! All good! Aren't we going to get the King's crown?"
"Yes, as soon as-"
"Ready!!"
Melanie's singsong voice yells from behind the counter and she appears with two seashells and a purple straw sticking out of each.
"Thanks, Mels!"
We each take one.
Melanie glows with pride.
"Mmm. As delicious as always." 
Lila smacks her lips and then blushes bright red.
I grab her hand and pull her out the door.
"Thanks Mels. See ya!!"
Lila and I yell in unison.
Mels waves goodbye.

*************************************

Sorry for the short chapter, there will be more coming!! The picture above is what Tali and Lila's tops look like except maybe in a darker green..................hmmm...............I don't know!! You decide.

Enjoy,
Jewels