Chapter 5: Calories and Competition

Savannah took her first steps into the school, giving herself a pep talk.
  "Okay," she sighed. "I can do this." She marched confidently into the hallways, where everyone was being crazy and energetic while Savannah sashayed in like she owned the place. She felt like a nicer and sweeter copy of Brooke.
  "Oh my gosh!" Genny and Lina squealed, overexcited.
  Suddenly, as if on cue, everyone in the hallway turned to see Savannah, more gorgeous than ever. A brown horse with a wavy, chocolate brown mane and navy blue eyes turned and gasped in shock when she saw Savvy.
A brown greyhound with hazel green eyes gasped along with the horse and grinned over the sight of Savannah. Suddenly, the white Great Dane, the one who suffered from Heterochromia, shouted, "Holy chihuahua!" grabbing everyone else's attention. Everyone stared in total awe over Savannah's glorious new look. Alicia scowled, "Huh?"
"What!" Rachel pouted.
"No," Brooke hissed, "way."
Savannah continued marching and stopped at her locker along with Genny and Lina, who were already standing there, waiting for Savannah's arrival.
  Savannah was good as new. Her fur was mostly orange with some tufts of white fur here and there. Her fluffy fur was nicely combed and her hazel green eyes were shinier and prettier than ever. The top of her head was covered in chocolate brown fur, which traveled throughout her body, leaving chocolate brown fur in multiple areas. A lovely flower rested in her ear.
"Uughhh!" Brooke growled in anger. She was so frustrated over the fact that Savannah thought she could just barge in and snatch everyone's attention. That was Brooke's job!!
Savannah giggled. "Hey guys."
"Savvy," Lina said in awe, "people are staring at you. A lot."
"Yeah," Genny chuckled, mesmerized. "Like, a whole lot."
"No!" Alicia complained. "No!" Rachel retorted.
"What a wannabe," Brooke sassed, rolling her eyes. "She looks so fake."
"I think she looks-!" Alicia beamed before being cut off by Brooke.
"You were saying?" Brooke said, grinning mischievously and facing Alicia. 'No,' she thought. 'She was not about to say that Savannah actually looked pleasing.'
"Oh! Uh," Alicia stammered, "I mean, yeah! Totally fake."
"Ugh!" Rachel scowled in disgust. "She looks like she got, like, surgery."
Brooke suddenly plastered an evil grin on her face and got an amazing idea. "Surgery," she muttered to herself.
"Rachel," she began, "you are brilliant." With that, Brooke sashayed off, ready to wreak her vengeance on Savannah.
"Huh?" Rachel questioned in confusion. "Um, I don't know!" Alicia chirped in her high pitched voice.
"Oh, great," Savannah muttered. "Incoming Barbie doll." Brooke soon approached the girls as they just glared at her. "Like, hey, Savvy!" Brooke chirped. "Must've been a really expensive surgery. I mean, usually, surgery takes months to recover from!"
"You would know, Brooke," Savannah remarked.
The caramel brown horse behind Genny and Lina, along with a German Shepard, giggled hysterically when Savannah got that nasty comment out of her system.
"Sorry," She sassed. "But not everyone needs plastic surgery to look good, Brooke." Everyone bursted out laughing, including Genny and Lina. "Owoooo!" They snickered, taunting Brooke.
"Ownage!" The white Great Dane howled, high fiving a brown bulldog beside him.
"Oh yeah, Savvy?" Brooke snapped, still smug and confident. "Well, at least I didn't borrow my hair color from a carrot."
"You're right, Brooke," Savannah smirked. "It looks like you borrowed it from a banana."
Alicia gasped in utter disbelief. Rachel growled, "That little..."
"Oh no she did not," the brown dog guffawed as Brooke continued with her little rant. "Perhaps, Savannah, you are not familiar with the term 'blonde'. Which, might I add, is a much nicer color than orange!"
Suddenly, Sage Bond appeared out of nowhere, walking up to Brooke casually with a big grin on his face. He suddenly realized that Brooke was frustrated with something. Her face was turning red, her eyes were narrowed, her teeth were clenched, and her fists were balled. "Something wrong, babe?"
"Oh!" Brooke gasped, turning around to reveal the sight of her boyfriend. "No, nothing's wrong, baby!" With that, she began consuming Sage's face and making out with him.
"Uhhh," Genny said awkwardly, disgusted.
"Um, ya. Turning around now," Lina grunted, walking away from the couple along with Genny and Sav.
"Savannah," Genny beamed. "That was pretty amazing."
"Um, yeah! The whole school's talking about you now, Sav!" Lina gushed proudly.
"I honestly can't thank you guys enough for this," Savannah said. "Now, I'll finally be noticed, and I actually feel good about myself."
  "Hey, it was our pleasure," Lina smiled. Savannah blushed profusely. She really did feel good about herself, and for some reason, she didn't seem fat anymore. It was like pure magic. Maybe now she could go back to eating without having to worry about her weight.
  "You know what, Savannah?" Lina sneered. "Brooke's got herself a little competition."
  "What?" Savannah smirked. "No way."
  "Uh, yeah way!" Genny laughed.
  "And you know what, Savannah? You could be the one to bring her down," Lina grinned maliciously.
  "What do you mean by 'bring her down?'" Savannah questioned in confusion.
  "Um, hello!" Genny and Lina shouted at the same time, glancing at Savannah.
  "Overthrow her?" Lina said obviously. "Become the next queen?" Genny grinned.
  "What!" Savannah giggled. "Just because I'm pretty?"
  "Um, yeah! That's kind of the idea," Lina rolled her eyes. Suddenly, the warning bell rang, triggering a reaction from the students in the halls, causing them to dash to class in worry that they'll be late.
  But Savannah, Genny, and Lina were cool as a cucumber. "Just think about it, Sav," Lina said. "The most popular girl in the school could be you. See you later!" With that, Lina frolicked out of the halls and to her first class. "Come on, Sav," Genny guided. "Time for advanced English." The two girls skipped to their class in a hurry. When they arrived, Sage was talking with a jock, chuckling and having fun with his buddy. When Savannah and Genny opened up the classroom door, it grabbed Sage's attention. He glanced at the front of the classroom for a split second, then looked back at his friend. Suddenly, realizing what he'd seen, he faced the front of the classroom once again. "Whoa," he gasped in utter astonishment as Savannah and Genevieve took their seats. Sage continued watching Savannah and her graceful new look like a hawk.
  Behind her, Rachel moaned and complained. What was a spaniel to do? Her best friend was no longer the biggest gossip in the school. Now, Savannah was in the spotlight and everyone wanted to meet her and get to know her more, instead of Brooklyn. Rachel growled when suddenly, she received a text from Brooke.
  'DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUIN HER!!!!' It said. Rachel gulped, not knowing what to do. What was she supposed to do to demolish Savannah, and at the same time, avoid getting into trouble? She texted, 'What do I do!?!'
  'How should I know!!!!?!?!?!!??!' Brooklyn replied in fury. 'I'll ask Alicia.' After a few minutes of worry, Rachel received a text from Alicia saying, 'One word: Ink.'
  Rachel misunderstood at first and was forced to just stare blankly at the back of Savannah's head and her flawless fur. The more she did that, the angrier she got, the more she wanted to just bite Savannah's head right off her shoulders. Soon, Rachel understood what Alicia was getting at. She glared at her black ink pen, then evilly grinned. "Goodbye, lucky pen," she sighed, giving her small pen a little hug. "Oh, Savannah!" She called, causing the dachshund to spin around, facing Rachel. "Um, yea..?" She asked awkwardly.
  "Hey," Rachel said nicely, then stood up and squirted the ink straight from her pen to Savannah's face.
  All of the students gasped in shock, including Savannah herself. The black ink coated her face, her beautiful orange fur barely visible.
"Oh no," Genny sighed sadly. Savannah's face was completely covered in ink. She wiped the gooey mess out of her eyes, shocked of what had just happened.
"Oh my dog, Sav, I am so sorry," Rachel apologized sympathetically. On the inside, however, she was joyful and happy like a baby bird that had just learned how to fly. "My pen must have exploded!"
"Oh my," Mr. Burke said in surprise. "Savannah, would you like to go the office to clean that up?"
"Um, yeah," Savannah gulped nervously.
"Oh no, Savannah!" Rachel gasped in horror. "Here, I'll take you."
"Actually, Rachel, I can take her," Sage said, getting up from his seat.
"No, I did it. It's my responsibility."
"Actually, Rachel, I think I can handle it. Come on, Savannah." With that, Sage guided Savannah out of the classroom.
"Alright, off you go, then," Mr. Burke allowed them to go out of the classroom, leaving Rachel behind.