Digging

Walking with my mom. It's been every girls dream. But I don't understand. I know about the celebrity thing but what's she so famous for?. She's just my mom.

Why do people care so much?. Haidyn thought to herself as she entered the Giddish residence.

"Hi Haidyn" Emmi said hugging her best friend.

They went inside and played for a while until Haidyn spoke. "Emmi? Do you know why your mom is so famous?"

"I don't know. I think they were on tv"

"Well...lets find out!". She nodded and the two  ran off to her room. From there they got Emmi's moms iPad.

"Okay.. Let's search my mom" Haidyn suggested

She began to type until she found it. "Mariska Hargitay. Got it"

"It says here that the show is called svu and she's the founder of the joyful heart foundation."

So we went to the joyful heart foundation website. "Haidyn do you know what sexual assault and abuse is?" Emmi asked her after reading the description.

"No...lets see. Look it up"

So they did. Immediately regretting pressing the enter button their mouths widened. "Haidyn. That could happen to us. We live in the world of fame". She nodded silently digesting it all. But the information was just too much for her to handle. "I'm gonna be sick" she said running off to the bathroom.

Emmi replied shortly after. "Me too" and ran to her trash can.

4:50 pm.

"Girls? We're home" Kelli called out as she and Mariska walked in. Immediately growing concerned they ran to Emmi's room. There they found the girls in a corner crying.

"Baby what's wrong?" Mariska asked leaning down to her daughter. She couldn't tell. "I wanna go home." She cried.

Nodding she picked up her daughter said goodbye to Kelli and they left. All was quiet in the car until she pulled over and turned around. "Haidyn Olivia Hargitay. Tell your mother what's wrong" she said formally.

Haidyn Pov:
"I wanted to see what you were so famous for. So we looked up your name."

"And? Baby what did you find?"

"The Joyful Heart. But we didn't know what abuse and rape meant...." I broke down into tears again.

My mom started the car and then when we got home she lifted me out and held me. "Oh baby. I'm so sorry you had to see that. Next time just ask me. Okay sweet girl?" She soothed kissing my forehead. I nodded clinging on to her.

Mariska Pov:
And ever since that talk Haidyn has been acting strangely. Clingy and I found her in her room crying. "Haidyn. Come to Mama sweetie" I said patting her back and leading her to the couch in her room.

"Baby you need to tell me what's wrong. I know somethings bugging you." I soothed trying to get her to talk.

"I'm scared." She spit out

"Of what?"

Haidyn Pov:
I wanted to tell her but I didn't know how. "There was a guy at school the other day. He was looking at me and Emmi."

Mariska Pov:
Oh no. This is something that I always feared for my daughter. Because of all the publicity. But she wasn't used to it like I was. I had to call Kelli.

I kissed her and sent her to play while I unlocked my iPhone.

Phone conversation:
Kelli: "Hello?"

Mariska: "Hey Kell. Did your daughter seem upset at all or say anything?"

Kelli: "Actually yes. She said that she's been seeing a strange man around. Also the girls were both upset from their little iPad search.

Mariska: "I heard about that too. What do we want to do for the girls?."

Kelli: "Let's start with alerting their teacher. She needs to know exactly who we are and what our girls are being exposed to"

Mariska: "Good idea. Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow."

Kelli: "Okay bye!"

When I got off the phone I picked my daughter up and gave her a hug. After that I went downstairs to find Peter. "Hey baby. How's Haidyn?" he said kissing me.

I kissed him back before answering. "She's doing better now. But I have a question for you."

"Ya? What is it?"

"What if we had another baby? I mean I know Haidyn is eight already. So the baby would be 10 when she goes off to college but what if we either had a baby or adopted?"

"I think having a baby sounds great. And Haidyn will be old enough to take care of it soon too. In about 4 or 5 years."

"I love you and I love our family" I said happily kissing him