chapter six.

CHAPTER SIX —
( You are completely clueless when it comes to women. )

────────────────

────────────────

        Evelyn, Steve and Bucky quickly met up with the 107th after escaping the base, only to find them all alive with only a few injured. They started to lead them all back towards the camp, some resting on the tanks and vehicles they decided to take from the camp, most trudging along because they were tired and injured. But they were alive. Evelyn and Steve were leading at least a thousand men back to camp alive, and Evelyn couldn't feel more proud of herself. They all spent the rest of the night and the next morning making their way back to camp.

With Evelyn and Steve in the lead, they lead the men up a hill to the 107th Infantry where soldiers began to come into view to see what was going on. Figuring out who it was, they all began to cheer as the group passed them. Evelyn smiled at all of them, especially the ones giving her weird looks until her eyes caught Chace's, to which she grinned and he held his thumbs.

When Steve and Evelyn stopped in front of Colonel Phillips, they held their hands up in a salute. "Some of these men need medical attention," Steve told him.

"Medic, we got wounded," one of the soldiers said.

"We'd like to surrender ourselves for disciplinary action," Steve continued.

Phillips hesitated. "That won't be necessary," he said. Evelyn smiled in thanks.

"Yes, sir."

"Faith, huh?" Phillips asked Peggy as he walked past her.

Evelyn walked up to Peggy and fist-pumped the air several times. "Yes! We did it!" She cheered.

"Yes, but you were late," Peggy said shortly, although she couldn't stop a smile from making its way onto her lips.

Evelyn reached into her pocket and pulled out the transponder. "Well, I couldn't call my ride," she winked and Peggy smiled. "Did you ever doubt that I would come back?"

"I never doubted you," she smiled, and then they hugged each other.

"Hey!" Bucky caught everyone's attention. "Let's hear it for Captain America and Agent Parrish!" Everyone crowded around the duo and cheered. Evelyn turned towards Steve and he looked at her and they couldn't help but share smiles.

Now this was where Evelyn belonged.

────────────────