vi.

"Wow." I breath.

The dress is gorgeous.

It's lavender with a v-neckline. It fits closely around the waist giving the allusion a figure.

I nearly squeal like a little school girl as I twirl in front of the three way mirror. The bottom flutters around my legs.

"I figured it would be amazing on you." Aubrey watches approvingly with her arms folded.

"Makes you look like you're desperate."

I narrow my eyes at Tara.

"Will you stop taking jabs at her?" Aubrey snaps.

We both look at her with surprise.

"Sorry, it's just bothering me." Aubrey blushes. "This is the first time Aria is excited about going on a date with a guy. I don't want her to feel like she can't do the girl thing with us because you're jealous."

I try to keep the appreciation off of my face as I go to change back into my clothes.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey." Tara mumbles.

Like I've said before, Aubrey was like our mother and Tara and I were the troublesome kids. I purchase the dress in peace then we head out for lunch.

"How are you going to do your hair?" Aubrey asks.

"Maybe pin it up? He's seen my after work hair and my workout hair. So pretty much my usual."

Aubrey chuckles. "I think pinning it up would be nice."

Tara is unusually quiet as we take our seats in a booth. The waiter brings us our menus and collect our drink orders. The restaurant is filled with everyday people chatting on phones or with each other. My eyes skim over the options.

"When will you allow us to meet this Paul guy?"

I sigh. "When I'm ready."

"When will you be ready?"

I make eye contact with her. "When I feel like I am."

Tara glares. I smile innocently. Now, I'm doing the antagonizing, but I'm just trying to frustrate her until she stops asking questions. I don't want to talk about Paul right now. Especially with her.

Another wave of butterflies hit my stomach. I actually have a date with Able's descendant. I don't know if this is a good idea. What if I get confused?

I try to swallow down the pasta I ordered. I've never been the one to get this nervous over a date ever. It's a strange feeling for me. I don't want to panic and embarrass myself, but it makes me uncomfortable.

"Aubrey told me you were in the hospital earlier. What happened?"

"Oh, just some parasite sucking away all my calmness." I wipe the corners of my mouth.

Aubrey kicks me underneath the table. I roll my eyes and mouth an apology.

"I was kidding. I just got over stressed and blacked out."

Tara scoffs. "That's what happens when you work two jobs and have no social life."

"No, that's what happens when--"

Aubrey covers my mouth. My eye twitch as I slowly look at her.

"I do not want to be thrown out of this bistro. Is that understood?"

I nod.

"Good. Now, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all." Aubrey takes her hand away.