He's Perfect

"First day of college. You got this." I said to the reflection in front of me; trying to encourage myself.
I put my coat on and threw my bag over my shoulder.

"Make sure you clean the bathroom ok?" I said to my roommate.

"Yeah yeah sure." She mumbled, waving her hand at me then face planting back into her pillow.

I chuckled and walked out of our dorm. It was chilly out; an average fall day. My first class was on the other side of campus but I didn't mind the walk.

"Good morning class. I bet you're all super excited to start your day off with an essay amiright?" The professor joked. "Don't worry I wouldn't do that to you on the first day no instead you have a pop quiz!"

As she handed out papers I noticed I had forgotten a pencil. I panicked. How could I forget a pencil on the first day of school?!

"Here." A voice whispered.

I looked behind me and saw a boy holding a pencil. His smile had an adorable corkiness to it with a dimple on each side.

"Thanks." I smiled. I truned around and smiled a little harder.

The quiz was over everything basic; a review of what was suppose to have been taught last year; a mind refresher if you will. It took the entire hour to finish and class ended.

"Oh! Here's your pencil back." I said turning back to the boy.

He was getting up out of his seat and putting his back pack on. He looked at the pencil then at me and smiled.

"Keep it." He gave a slight chuckle under his breath then left the class.

I shrugged it off and examined the pencil a bit. A name was carved into the side of it: Lim Changkyun.

"Changkyun." I whispered.

I went back to my dorm to eat something before my next class, well, and to tell my roommate about the boy I met.

"Hey! Guess what just happen- you are not still sleeping?!" I yelled.

She quickly shot up from her bed and looked over to me, her hair all over the place.

"No no I wasn't sleeping I was.....resting my eyelids?.." She murmured.

"Have you even gone to any of your classes today?" I asked.

"Uuuuuuhhhhh no. No I have not. Actually, get this, I have this theory where if I show up late all the time the teacher will think it's a surprise every time they see me therefore I'd become the teachers pet and then I wouldn't have to do any work." She explained.

"Your theory sucks."

"Yeah.."

"Anyways! I met a boy during my first class today." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"A boy!" She yelled sarcastically.

"Yeah and he was sweet and kind." I smiled at the floor.

"Wait wait wait hold up you just met him correct?"

"Correct."

"And you already think he's sweet and kind? What did he say to you?" She asked while pulling out some left over Chinese from the mini fridge.

"Well- he didn't say much but...he gave me his pencil." I stuttered.

She burst out laughing "all he did was give you a pencil? I could've given you a pencil and do you think I'm sweet and kind? Didn't think so." She laughed.

"Well it was more like the vibe he gave; I don't know, it was a good vibe, I could tell. Oh and his name is Changkyun, well at least that's what it says on the pencil."

"Well since you're never really into the love dovey crap and you've watched the Notebook like twice which is bizarre for any female, I think your vibe is correct. Now, go buy more food because I want more food."

"Nope sorry I got another class to get to. Also shower you smell homeless!" I said walking out the door.

"That fragrance is totally in now by the freaking way!"

-----

I couldn't stop replaying what happened this morning with that boy, with Changkyun. Something about him caught my eye instantly, but I don't know what it was. Maybe his smile? His voice? The way he looked at me? Something was different. Different from how other guys come across as.

The next day I woke up a little early; hoping I could see Changkyun sooner.

As I walked along the sidewalk to my class, I looked around. Fall trees were stilling shedding their leaves, the grass still turning brown, and Changkyun was walking along a different path. Wait, Changkyun?! He had spotted me and smiled. I smiled back and my cheeks flushed pink. All of a sudden he started walking faster, then I started walking faster and sooner than I knew it we were racing each other to class. Our breath clouded in front of us as we ran. He even jumped over a few bushes. We both couldn't stop laughing; I bet we looked completely insane to other students walking around campus. We were neck and neck at the finish line, well, the classroom door. I opened the door and all eyes were on us; class had started. I cleared my throat and went to my seat while Changkyun followed. We giggled at our desks over what just happened.

Class was as boring as an English class could get and finally the hour ended.

"Don't think I'll go so easy on you next time." He said.

I turned around and lifted an eyebrow. "Oh that was your easy? Didn't seem like it since you were breathing so hard." I grinned.

"See I was just acting so you thought I was loosing." He explained.

"Oh~" I laughed.

He licked his lips and smiled nervously. "I figured you already looked at the name on the pencil, so, what's your name?" He looked me in the eyes. His eyes were perfect; not a flaw anywhere.

"Claire." I answered softly.

"Claire~ I like it." His smile relaxed. "Um anyways I'll see you tomorrow, Claire." He walked backwards to the door; his eyes still locked on mine. He bumped into the door frame then turned around. I couldn't help but laugh. He chuckled and then finally left.

I slowly walked back to my dorm. The way he said my name, it was like it was the most beautiful word he'd ever heard and he would say it all the time just because of the way it felt as it rolled off his tongue. I smiled into my scarf at the thought of that.

"Changkyun." I mumbled.

I finally made it back to my dorm and body slammed onto my bed.

"Soooooo how'd it go with Prince Charming?" Yana, my roommate, asked.

"Perfect." I said with my eyes closed.

"What made it perfect?"

"Changkyun." My cheeks flushed.

"Oh no. No no no. Don't let him get to you that easily ok remember he's a guy, alright, guys have a natural tendency to break precious girls hearts." She said, pushing my legs over so she could sit next to me.

"He's different. He's fun but responsible; reckless but careful. He's perfect, Yana." I explained and sat up.

She noticed how serious I was about this. She took a deep breath, "I just don't want you to get hurt. You're my best friend and if some guy messes you up and I have to get a new roommate who's a druggy poppin pills while I'm eating the last bit of Cheetos my best friend got me before some ass wipe came along and broke her heart imma be pissed."

"Ok ok I'll be careful. And cheetos?"

"By the way we ran out of Cheetos so if you could stop by the store sometime today that'd be great."

I laughed and shoved her jokingly.

That night I held the pencil from before in front of me. I kept reading his name on the side of it. I liked how it was written, how it was spelled, I liked everything about it.

"He's perfect."