Paranoid

I woke up to a messy haired Changkyun by my side with his arms flailed across the bed. I giggled softly which woke him up. I cupped my mouth shut; trying not to make another peep.

"Too late, I'm already awake." He mumbled.

"Sorry." I giggled some more.

"How did you sleep? Any nightmares?" He asked, sitting up.

"I slept great. No nightmares." I said happily.

"Really? Then maybe you should stay with me until Yana gets back, or, stay even when she gets back." He stuttered, blushing slightly.

Before I could respond my alarm went off on my phone; the alarm that said I should get my ass to English because class starts in 5 minutes.

"Shit! We're gonna be late!" I shouted and ran to the bathroom.

Changkyun and I agreed to meet back at his place when the school day was finished. Speaking of school, it was a pretty chill day. I mean given the days I have had in the past I think one with out nightmares or stuffed animal heads was a good sign.

As I walked across campus to my second class I accidentally ran into a kid; all his books flung out of his arms and onto the ground.

"Oh my god are you ok?" I asked, dropping to my knees to see if he was alright.

"Ow~" he moaned.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention!"

Suddenly, he looked up at me in awe. "It's fine. I'm glad an angel knocked me down rather than some jerk." He smiled.

"Oh uh thanks?" I didn't really know how to respond to that.

We both reached for the same book and our fingers touched. I quickly pulled back my hand and apologized.

"Am I really that gross to you?" He asked.

"What? N-no! I just-"

"Hahaha relax I'm just joking." He laughed. I replied with a nervous chuckle.

"If you don't mind me saying, I think your skin is quite soft and beautiful." He purred, examining my body from head to toe.

"Thanks." Something about this kid made me feel....off. Like I should get away from him as soon as possible. "Um hey sorry about running into you but I got to get to class." I said, standing up and turning the other direction.

"Wait! What's your name? I'm Lee Joon."

"Claire!" I responded, running to my next class.

"Claire~" He murmured.

-------

"Maybe I should just say I'm shadowing you and go to class with you." Changkyun said over the phone.

"Im fine. Today's been a good day. The only weird part was running into that guy."

"That's what I'm worried about! What if he's another werewolf? What if he can smell me on you?!" He started to panick.

"Listen ok I'll be fine! You have to stop thinking everyone I meet is a werewolf Changkyun, besides, he didn't seem very werewolfy to me." I laughed.

"I didn't seem werewolfy to you either. Remember?"

"A-anyways I gotta go I'll see you in an hour." I said and hung up.

As I sat down in my desk I noticed everyones attention was drawn to the front of the class. I looked a saw Lee Joon standing there. He was a new student who had just moved here. A sophomore like Changkyun. After his introduction he went to his seat that was across the room from mine. He noticed I was staring at him so he smiled back at me; waving his hand. I quickly turned forward and tried to gather my thoughts.

'He's just a student. It's just a coincidence. Stop freaking out.' But I couldn't calm down. I was just as paranoid as Changkyun was on the phone. Instantly, I took my phone out of my pocket and text Changkyun.

     'That weird kid is in my Chem class!"

Class began and I never got a text back from him. The entire time I kept glancing over to Lee Joon; kinda hoping he'd do something out of the ordinary so I had a better reason to be suspicious, but, nothing happened. He just sat there, taking notes and paying attention like any good student would.

Finally class was over and I began to put my books back into my bag. When I got up Lee Joon was standing right next to me causing me to jump a little.

"Did I scare you?" He asked.

"Just a bit." I replied nervously. I walked out of building; it was dark out do to my class being longer than expected.

Lee Joon had followed behind me. "Can I walk you back to your dorm? A beautiful girl like yourself shouldn't be walking alone this late you know?" The look he gave me was a bit threatening. Almost like if I didn't say yes he would drag me by my arm anyways.

"I um-"

"You don't have to do that. That's my responsibility." It was Changkyun. He pulled me behind him and held his head high.

"What are you? Her guard dog?" Lee Joon snapped.

"I guess you could say that." Changkyun replied, not showing any expression.

Lee Joon chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "I'll see you tomorrow in class, Claire." He gave one last glare at Changkyun then walked off.

"Are you ok?" Changkyun asked, turning to face me.

"Yeah." I muttered.

"Alright then let's get back to my place. It's getting dark."

Once back at his house, he closed the door and locked it immediately. He then passed back in forth a few times; gathering his thoughts.

"I think you should switch classes." He finally blurted.

"Switch?"

"I don't want you in the same class with that guy. It's too dangerous. You, knowing everything that normal people aren't suppose to know causes a bit of a head turn to creatures like me. Ira and his pack already know so who's to say this Lee Joon guy doesn't know?" He sighed and plopped on the bed.

I admit, he had a point.

"Even if I wanted to switch classes I couldn't. It's too far into the semester."

"Well can't you report him or something?"

"For what? Offering to walk me home?" I sighed and layed beside him.

We sat silently for a few moments; trying to think; trying to relax and convince ourselves this was all just a coincidence.

"I just want to protect you." He said quietly.

I turned my head and saw Changkyun staring at me with caring eyes. He then reached he's arm over and caressed my check with his hand; pulling my face closer to his.

"I know you do." I whispered.

And with that he pressed his lips against mine; following a gentle motion within our kiss. For being a terrifying and ferocious werewolf, his love was soft and sweat. He made sure I was never in pain and that I was still okay with going any further. However, when things began to go too far and his blood pressure rose, he started to turn.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I panicked, scooting up to the bed frame.

"I -I ugh!" He growled, his knuckles white from trying to hold back.

"Are you tur-"

"Yes! Get out!" He yelled.

I grabbed my shirt and pants from off the floor and ran out the door as he slammed it shut. I could hear several lock sounds from behind the door along with his heavy breathing.

"Changkyun." I murmured, my hand pressed against the wood that stood between us.

"Please- get away from me- I don't want to hurt you Claire-" His words were cut off with deep growls and grunts.

I could tell he was trying so hard to calm down; to not turn.

"Go to your dorm- hide- if you hear me or- or see me- run-" Then finally he gave in; he couldn't take the erge anymore; he felt like he would suffocate if he held out any longer. But by then, I was already gone.