Chapter 1

Clary's POV

"Mom! Me Simon and Jon are going to Aline's house for a little while love you bye!" Jon was smiling at me trying to hide his smirk.

As soon as we got outside he started laughing like an idiot and said "you do realize moms still on her mystery job in New York right?"

"Really? I thought she was sleeping in with Luke." I said in shock.

"For the past week?"he said smiling. "Hey its none of my business what goes in there. So what do you want to do today?"

"What do you think" he said in a mocking tone.

"Don't you sass me." I said not lacking my usual snark. He smiled and asked: "call everyone tell them to meet us at the spot and I'll get the supply?"

"Of course!" He told me he would meet me there and we were on our way. Clary went to "the spot" which was really a field a few yards away from lake Lyn where we go to party so downworlders could join in.

I texted Simon (my parabati), Aline, Helen, Jules, Emma,  Mark, and Sebastian. There all shadowhunters like me and my big brother.

There are more of our kind spread out all over the world but we have runes that give us special yet temporary powers like soundless, sure footedness, and fearless which is my personal favorite.

There is also one that makes us invisible to mundanes. As shadowhunters our mandate is to kill demons and protect mundanes, but out of all the shadow hunter girls I have the highest kill count, I'm pretty well known, I guess that should make me happy, but really it freaks me out.

There is also a girl who in not that far behind me named Isabelle Lightwood. She lives in New York, along with the guy who has the highest kill count, Jace Herondale.

I know what your thinking
'How the hell do you have the highest kill count if your stuck here, where no demons can enter?'
Well we can leave 3 times a year for 2 months each time you leave, so basically a six month supervised break once a year since your 13.

So really I haven't spent my whole life here just 15 years and a month.

When I turn 18 in a week mom won't be able to keep me here so me, Jon, and Simon are going to go to the institute in Paris France (even though me and Si both would rather go to New York). Me and Jon have the same birthday but he is 2 years older than me. Simon is 1 day and 3 minutes older then me.

The only thing keeping Jon here is me but in one week the 3 of us will travel the world together.

When the text went through she texted her downworld friends Magnus, Alaric, Mia, Jordan, Ragnar, Camille, Bat, and Raphael.

Jon and I have known Mags since I was 3 and Jon was 5 Magnus is a warlock who is 800 or older but he stopped ageing at about 21 or that's when he realized it at least.

Ragnar is also a warlock to but I don't know much about him.

Alaric, Mia, Bat, and Jordan are werewolves. Alaric, Bat, and Mia are in the same pack but Jordan is a part of the wolf guard, they help newly turned vampires and werewolves.

Camille and Raphael are vampires and they don't get along very well. They all live in New York, but Mags portals them here.

In all I texted 14 people but everyone invited about 10 other people because at least 160 people showed up I lost track when I saw Mags.

I almost tackled him it had been a month since I last saw him. "WHAT THE HELL!!!?? Oh by the angel biscuit if you do that again I will be vary mad."

"Oh shut up mags" I said. "So who's your lucky date?" Mags blushed, he never blushes.

I leaned over still on his back and said "what is the purposes of your face?"

He smiled still blushing and said "his name is Alexander and he could not-" but I was already squealing like a 2 year old and mags was laughing at me and Jon who was standing behind us joined in on his laughter.

Our life may have been odd but it was perfect. At least it was until my phone went off, it was mom.