Chapter Five: The Superhero In You

Music is "Saturn" by Sleeping At Last

Picture is Jane Levy as Glory Maximoff.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Recommendation: "Within Seconds •• Barry Allen ••" by xxwinterschildxx.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"You don't have to be a superhero to find the right girl. The right girl will bring out the superhero in you."

- Wade Wilson, Deadpool

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER FIVE

{One Day Prior}

{Glory's P.O.V.}

Pietro and I take our time getting ready for dinner in the late afternoon. Well, at least I do. Mr. Speedy McSpeedster takes his sweet time all afternoon, watching television in French up until five minutes before we had to leave. All I hear is very dramatic French women shouting for hours straight. I'm still not sure what he's watching and I'm not sure I want to.

I take my time dolling myself up for our evening out. He's made reservations at the resaurant that we went to our first night on our honeymoon. It's absolutely beautiful, and reminds me so much of Gustau's Restaurant in the movie Ratatouille (which is one of my favorite animated movies; Steven loves it, too). I do my long, red hair into vintage waves that Nat taught me how to do. My makeup is relatively simple, just mascara and foundation with a little red lipstick.

The dress I wear for the occasion is one that Wanda helped me pick out before we left: a very French-looking gold dress. The sleeves are 3/4 length, the boat neckline collar stretches from one of my shoulders to the other - crossing my collar bone, and it stops just below my knees. The style is simple and classy, suiting the French atmosphere perfectly. I pair it with a pair of pearls and cream heels, and then I'm ready to go.

"Pietro," I call from the closet, grabbing my beige, French shawl and draping it around my shoulders, "are you ready to go?"

Pietro runs towards the bathroom, flying past me and making my hair and dress blow up from the tail winds. "Five seconds!"

I roll my eyes and go to the living room to turn his French soap opera off. "How can someone so fast always be so late?"

I feel another whoosh behind me. "I heard that."

I jump in surprise, turning around to face Pietro, looking mighty fine in a suit I might add. His hair is combed and perfectly fixed for once. His black suit and white dress shirt are perfectly ironed. He looks like a male model out of a photoshoot. He must see the expression on my face, because he smirks.

"You look... wow." I chuckle.

"You look wow, too," he replies, laughing. He offers me his arm, handing me my handbag. "You ready to go, Mrs. Maximoff?"

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

We arrive at the restaurant just minutes later, having taken a cab to the address that Pietro had written down. The restaurant Colette is one of the finest ones in all of France. The outside is gothic French architecture, off-white with golden features. It's absolutely beautiful and exactly how I remembered it from five years ago.