Cute Christmas Part 2

Later that night, or more like way too early this morning, Vin came into our room after a bad dream. I pulled her up between the two of us and held her until she fell back asleep. When she did I slid out of bed and went into the greenhouse. I had to begin working on their present this morning or it would never be finished by tonight when they were getting home from the mall. I begin putting the chemicals together for an indoor living Abies balsamea, or balsam fir.

Harley came into the greenhouse a couple of hours later and walked up behind me and gave me a hug. "Morn'n Red."

"Morning sleepyhead." I say with a smile.

"Where's Vin?" I ask turning around.

"Still sleeping, pushed me outa bed. Kinda like Mistah J useta do." As soon as she says it she knew she struck a nerve.

"I'm sorry Red. I didn't mean to talk about'm." She says looking guilty.

"It's alright. You know how I feel about Him. Just please try not to mention him around Vin." I say sighing, knowing she didn't really mean it.

"A'ok Pammy." She says lightening the mood again. "Hows about ya cook us some breakfast."

"Sounds great Harl." I say with a smile. "You go wake her up."

I walk out of the greenhouse smiling and go into the kitchen.

Harley POV

I walk down the hallway towards me and Pammy's room to wake up our little angel. I walk in knowing how to wake her up best. I pepper her face with kisses before sayin' "Wakey wakey, Vinny." Before attacking her with more kisses.

This causes her to giggle as she tries to pretend to still be asleep. I pick her up and smile. "Ya know that never works on me."

I put her down and she runs out to Pammy. I follow behind and smile as I see Vin doing exactly as I do to Pam. She is pullin' on her shirt and makin a heck of a lot of noise. I laugh as I see Red's annoyance turn to love as soon as she sees the young girl's face.

She picks her up. "Good morning sunflower." She says kissing Vin's nose, causing the girl to giggle.

Ivy's POV

I finish making breakfast and put it on the table in the kitchen. I put Vin down in her chair that has the booster seat. She begins eating right away, messily as usual. Harley does the same. I sit in my chair between the two and eat like a civilized being.

"Harl, it would be good of you to show our daughter how to eat properly." I say looking at her sternly.

"But Pammy," She whines. "That ain't no fun."

I roll my eyes at her and continue eating my breakfast. "As soon as you two are done eating get ready to go. You need to leave early if you are going to get into the mall today."I say as I finish my breakfast.

I look back at them with a smile. "I love you two. Be careful and not too many sweets please."

I head back into the greenhouse and continue working on the formula for the tree. I look over my notes and ah, there it is. I put the chemicals together and put the small sapling on the ground in the middle of the room. I pour the mixture onto the tree and stand back. Just as I had thought the tree's roots grow into the floor and the tree grows rapidly to eight feet. I smile in delight.

I walk out into the den and check to see if Harley and Vin had left yet. Thankfully for me, they had. I went into the broom closet, a place Harley never goes, and grabbed out the Christmas decorations I had hidden there. A whole assortment of ornaments and garland for the tree and other small things to put around the house. It was going to be amazing.

Later that day...

I hear the front door open and a gasp from Harl. I hear a squeal from Vin and the sound of their running feet towards the greenhouse looking for me.

"Pammy, ya actually did it." She says overjoyed. "I love ya." She says kissing me.

I smile. "Anything for you Harls." I look down at the bouncing Vin. "How about you kiddo, what do you think?"

"It's so pretty." She says. I grin and pick her up kissing her temple.

"How about some cocoa for my two favorite girls?" I say walking back into the apartment and into the kitchen where I had cocoa ready.

They follow behind me, Harley confused by my change of heart towards the holiday. "Pam, are ya feelin' alright?"

"I'm feeling fine why?" I ask turning around handing each of them a cup.

"Yesterday ya hated Christmas and now the whole place looks like Santa exploded." She says gesturing to the decor around her.

"Truth is I have been planning this for months Harl. I couldn't let you know this was going to happen or it wouldn't have been a surprise." I say with a smile.

"Aw Pammy, you've become a softy." She smiles giving me a kiss.