5: Brendon Urie; Criminal

My jaw basically hit the floor as violent eruptions of trembling rattled my body. I couldn't even muster up the courage to glance up at him. Tear drops hit my thighs and I nervously picked at the hem of my shirt. This guy was going to break into my house, sit me down and then introduce himself?

I felt it was no use to try and escape. I would have no where to go. Sheriff Liddel always has night shift and my phone was too far to reach from where I was. So, I sat and listened to this man in front of me explain himself.

"I do not wanna hurt you." He rushed, extending his arms out. "And I never meant for you to wake up. You see, I, Ambris Agari, am a criminal." The words casually poured out of his smirked lips. The fact he knew my name made me feel so useless and unpowered. "I steal stuff, kill people, I get the job done sweetheart. One of the most profound criminals in several countries." He then stood up, circling me like a shark. He said his name was... Brendon. As in Brendon Urie?! One of the most infamous killers was right next to me. "It's not easy, but then again, is anything? It's well... a lifestyle." He crouched down so that he was next to my left ear. "And I," his finger circled my thigh. "Need something, from you." He giggled as he lightly tapped my nose with his index finger. I squeezed my eyes shut in fear and braced for whatever he was going to do next.

"But!" He instructed, sitting back down with a plop, rushing all the air out of the chair. "3 exceptions." He waved his fingers in the air. "Numero uno, police. Not such a good idea to call Johnny law on me, honey." At this point, I looked up at Brendon, fear still racking my body. He looked oddly familiar. Like an old friend or something, which made it all the more terrifying. "Second, along with the fuzz, no one else needs to know about me. Third, I have some terms and conditions you need to agree." He then giggled and stared me straight in the eyes. "I know, no one actually pays attention to the terms and conditions, you just click the little box, but I really need you to follow these, darling." All these nicknames were really firing me up. He already knows my name, why not just call me by it instead of making me feel like his freaking pet. "Don't ask questions, I will answer those for you, and keep in mind that this is not my last visit." He snapped and pointed at me and lifted himself from the chair. "Well, too-da-loo Ms. Agari." He casually stated.

I sprung up from my chair and turned around to face him. "Hey!" I screamed. Oh my god why did you just do that are you trying to get killed WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!

He slowly spun around, meeting my eyes again, his hands up in fake surrender. I looked at him, trying my hardest to look intimidating when inside, I felt like I was staring the devil down.

After a while of the silence between us, he put his hands down and laughed a bit. "You're adorable Ambris, trying to scare me off like that, you really are." He turned back around and lifted up a window, taking the mesh screen out and setting it on the kitchen counter. He stepped outside, readjusting his jacket a bit and then setting the mesh screen back in place while I watched in disbelief. "See ya later baby cakes." He winked at me. "Oh, and don't forget about those terms and conditions." He pointed at me. He then sighed, slicked his hair back with his hand, and walked out of view like nothing had happened. Like he wasn't one of the biggest criminals in Nevada, just strolling down the street. What was he thinking?!

I wrapped myself up in my arms, and began to sob again, fear still crashing in waves through out my body. I sat myself down, wondering what I had gotten myself into. I hadn't even agreed to anything this boy had said, I was forced into assisting this criminal. I laid myself down, not even bothering to close the window and cried hard. What was I going to do.... Slowly, my eyes began to fall heavy until my sobs lessened and I soon fell asleep with the thought that I had been sucked into a partnership with one of the most wanted criminals.

||||the next morning||||

My body arose suddenly, my heartbeats dangerously rapid. I looked around the room when my eyes met the window.

It was closed. When Brendon went out of it, the window was left open. Maybe I had dreamt it all. Maybe it was just a vivid nightmare. I came to the realization that it couldn't of been real and checked the time.

7:54.

I was already 30 minutes late to work but I honestly didn't care. I was already gonna be in trouble for leaving on my lunch break yesterday. Maybe I could just say I was sick. I left that as my go-to-plan and began to get ready. After I dressed myself in my Starbucks uniform, I got back into my little car, gathering my necessities and drove to work.

While stuck in traffic, my mind journeyed back to last night. Was any of it real? Should I forget about it or be worried for my safety? There was a fine line between the two and I was stuck wavering between them. It honestly made me feel sick to my stomach and I began to obtain the absurd motion sickness feeling everyone hates.

I finally reached my destination and checked in. I felt a small hand wrap around my shoulder and I turned around to meet bright chocolate eyes.

"Ambris," Mindi worriedly greeted me, that familiar smile washed away from her inviting round face. "Are you okay? You had us scared to death."

I just smiled sweetly and explained to her that I wasn't feeling very well. If what happened last night really did happen, I couldn't tell her about Brendon. He was a murderer. For all I know he could be aiming a gun at me right now, making sure that "his accomplice" wasn't ratting him out. I left her with a sweet smile and had a talk with the boss, trying to play off my excuse as best I could. She said she understood and I began working again, spraying creamy foam onto the delicate drinks customers had ordered.

"One chocolate chip mocha!" Ryan, the guy who worked at the counter screamed out into the kitchen. I began preparing it until all that was left to do was swirl whipped cream on top and I set it on the counter, ready for Ryan to hand to the customer.

That's when my eyes glanced up, meeting a peculiar pair of brown iris's I did not want to see. He gave me a tempting glance and thanked Ryan.

I stood there in fear. Everything that happened last night was not a nightmare and the man who broke into my house the night before was ordering a Starbucks from me.