Altair

After walking we arrived to the castle. It was amazing; not like castles on Earth. It was tall and made of gold. It had colorful stained glass windows and it sparkled when the sunlight hit it. Betria took me to the highest level of the castle to get me ready to meet the King. Maids helped put my brunette hair in curls. The makeup helped bring out the color of my bright blue eyes. Then they put a nude pink color on my full lips. They picked out a dress for me that was beautiful, it was a dark blue. The dress had no straps and became poofy and long coming down from my hips. The top part tied like a corset and the whole dress had little diamonds that embellished it.

As I was looking at myself in the mirror there was a knock at the door. Who walked in was a tall thin man, not much older than me. He looked about twenty-three. He had dark orange hair that was slicked back out of his face. He had almost glowing emerald eyes. His features were defined and attractive. He was wearing a long golden cloak with its hood down. I could see as he walked closer he wasn't wearing a shirt revealing his chest. Even though he was thin that didn't mean his body wasn't strong.

"Hello, I am King Vindemiatrix. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." The King said in an inviting tone.

"H...Hello, King Vindemiatrix." I said bowing before him.

I was surprised the King would make a special visit to see me. He must be a very busy man.

"Please, call me Altair. There's no need to be so formal. I have so many people bowing to me all day and speaking formally to me. You don't need to do that here."

"Tell me Miss what's your name?" Altair asked.

"My name is Bellatrix Archer."

"That's a lovely name. I see the dress fits you perfectly." Altair said as he looked at me.

"Thank you so much for the dress. It's so beautiful."

"It should be beautiful. My mother, the old queen of Polaris, wore it." He exclaimed.

"I would like to thank her too; for letting me wear it." I asked Altair.

All of a sudden Altair's face went from happy to sad. He turned his face away from me. He let out an audible sigh before he spoke again.

"You won't be able to do that. My mother and father are dead. They died at the beginning of the war. I took over as king after that. It hasn't been easy but I try my best every day." He told me.

"Oh! Look at the time the ceremony is going to start soon and I haven't even taken you to the soothsayers. You don't even know why you're here." He said as he changed the subject.