Capitolo 2

After Carlo's incident, I tried my hardest to ignore my mind and the negative thoughts going around my mind

After Carlo's incident, I tried my hardest to ignore my mind and the negative thoughts going around my mind. Everything went smoothly afterwards, but unfortunately the taxi dropped us at a wrong location. I tried to ask directions to a really hot Italian guy that was passing by, but he just started at me with a dumbfounded expression when I tried to speak Italian. I obviously failed. I asked another guy, but he was a total asshole and kept on saying that he did not understand my accent. Two hours later, Brooke and I gave up, which led us to mess with our phones, trying to find the right hotel on Google Maps, but we couldn't find the correct address.

"Yes, I found it. Hell yes!" I yelled excitedly at my phone. Brooke let out a triumphant woohoo and came running to my side. I laughed at her reaction and followed the address that the phone indicated.

"Wow, this place is amazing", Brooke said excitedly, spinning around to see every detail of Florence, Italy. I followed her gaze and I let out a quiet squeal, the view was just so god damn pretty. As I was spinning around to see the view around Antica Dimora Firenze hotel, I accidentally crashed with someone.

I stumbled and fell flat on my bottom, making me wince at the pain.

I was giving my behind to the person I crashed with, so I was unable to see their face. I could feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and turned to apologize to the person.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I really am so sorry" I said but my breath hitched when I saw who it was.

Nicolas Ricci.

He was the most powerful and richest man in Italy, according to Business Magazine. I could easily remember him because of his dark green eyes, sun-kissed skin, athletic physique, and 6-foot-five height. His stubble couldn't go unnoticed. I could still remember the ad where I first saw him. Brooke screamed and yelled and immediately went in search for him in the internet and apparently he was the most desirable business man. Well, how he could not with that great body.

I blushed when I felt myself checking him out. His big, rough hands held a portfolio and in the other coffee. Well...it had coffee because when I met his gaze his cold green eyes stared at me menacingly.

"Watch where you're going, look what you did, I have a meeting right now and stupid you know don't you where andare", he said trying to talk in English but failed...a little. I still could understand him.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I", I stuttered and couldn't even make a coherent sentence because of the intense and harsh glare he was giving me. I winced looking down and whispered sorry a thousand times.

"Stupid", he hissed getting close to me and dumping his coffee in a trash nearby, stomping away like a child. He snapped his head towards my direction and sent me a cold and harsh stare, making me want to shrink.

Long forgotten who he was. Long forgotten the man behind my laptop screen, smiling innocently to it. He was a jerk.

"Kate!" Brooke's voice boomed my name, making me jump.