Chapter one: Physical

Hey there so as you all know my name is Colette I'm 23 years old.. I look preatty normal but the thing is I suffer from a disability called cerebral palsy.

My cerebral palsy is pretty mild but some people who have cerebral palsy need a wheelchair so I guess I'm pretty lucky in that retrospective.

When the doctors first found out about it.. They had to drug me with medicine and I remember this preatty well..

I must've been what?.. Four or Five? I wasn't achieving my goals like all other children and well they drugged me with medicine and took me into this ct scan room where they scanned my brain.

They found that I had a cloud on the brain and that's how they diagnosed cerebral palsy.

They thought at first I wouldn't walk..

I couldn't actually walk properly back then.. I stumbled and walked on tip toes.

When I came around from the medicine I saw a toy kitchen and I wanted to play with it.

At first I started crawling to it and then I stood up to walk but I guess I must've been drowsy from the drugs still and I walked a step and then fell over crying.

As I was younger I never really noticed my disability but as I got older and started secondary school it got worse..