Chapter 1: A Whole New Chapter

When Buddy reached his hut, he heard a faint crying. He checked his room. No one. He checked the kitchen. No one. He finally realized who was crying. "Macai! Macai!" yelled Buddy. Macai came into the kitchen, "There you are, where were you?", asked Buddy in a tone that clearly showed that he cared about him.
"Crying in my room" says Macai with tears in his eyes.
"Why are you crying?" inquires Buddy, still concerned.
"We have no parents!", cried Macai. Buddy wondered if he should tell Macai about him going to war after just losing his parents but, his training will start tomorrow so he had to tell him.
"I have more bad news...", mumbled Buddy sadly hoping this was all just a nightmare and that he would wake up in any second.
"Tell me, please! There are just too many bad things happening to us today!", cried Macai.
Now Buddy was petrified to tell him. "I'm going to war!" blurted out Buddy.
"You are going to war!", Macai whimpered. Macai left the kitchen to enter his bedroom and cry some more. Buddy was furious at himself for making a horrible day like this and make it even worse but, there was no choice. Feeling horrible Buddy decided to sleep . When he was sleeping he had a weird dream. He was at war when suddenly his friend, Tischen had died in his hands. Then there was an earthquake. "Buddy, Buddy, BUDDY!" yelled Macai.
"Can you stop with the shaking, please!" says Buddy.
"Well come and make breakfast." says Macai.
"Why can't you make breakfast like mom would?" says Buddy.
       "Have you forgotten I'm nine!" yelled Macai.
"My goodness stop with the yelling!" says Buddy being agitated
Buddy left his bed and went to the kitchen. It was Buddy's first time cooking but he knew how to cook. He lit a fire under the metal pot, poured in the rice and curry and waited. Macai went to go play with his toys. Buddy waited and waited. It was finally ready. "Macai, come and eat".
"This tastes exactly like mom's. How did you cook it?".
"Every time mom cooked I watched her so that I could practice when I grow up," says Buddy. They quickly munched down until they heard a knock. "It's for me..."says Buddy sadly.
Buddy opened the door and saw a huge, beefy guy. "My name is Bob, CHIEF Bob! Aw, you lost your parents. I DON'T CARE!", yelled
P Chief Bob. He then grabbed Buddy and dragged him to the camp. There he met other people, including his annoying but, loyal friend Tischen.
"Hi", mouthed Tichen.
"Hi", mouthed Buddy back.
"Alright boys, I want you to do ten-push-yourself-ups. The person to do the best push-yourself-ups gets a free sword," said Chief Bob. Everyone groaned in their minds but they also felt partially excited for their first training session, so they prepared to do the best push-yourself-ups in their life so far. "Alright let's get started," ordered Chief Bob. So they started and did their best. Buddy prepared the most, so of course he did the push-yourself-ups the fastest and the best. "We got ourselves a winner here! Let's see what Buddy's got!" yelled Chief Bob One of the boys pushed a training dummy into their sight. "You know what to do", says Chief Bob and surprisingly Buddy did now what to do. After realizing this, Buddy immediately roundhouse kicks the dummy's head off. "You're a natural where, did you learn this?",says Chief Bob in admiration.
From my dad..." Buddy mumbled.
"Well kid, wars don't compromise and dissolve on its own. Say why don't I show you around the market for that free sword you've earned. You guys stay here with the substitute."says Chief Bob."There is no substitute"yelled Tischen.
Being agitated " WHO CARES!" yelled Chief Bob. "Anyways let's go!", says Chief Bob. They marched all the way to war market. "Say, Buddy, why don't I teach you the basics of the market," says Bob. He taught him how to buy things because he has never bought anything in the market before. "See Buddy, the market uses a bartering method. You have to trade/barter in order to ,"buy".", says Bob. Buddy nodded his head. They reached the weaponry shop. "Hey Joe, can I get a sword for this guy. He is a BEAST" says Bob.
"sure thing pal. Anything for ya" says Joe. Buddy got a Caliblade. It was the finest beginners sword in the world. He saw something specific that he needed later. They went back to the camp. There was a huge crowd.
They were yelling "Buddy,Buddy". Suddenly Tischen jumped out of nowhere.
"Hey Buddy how was the market? Did you get your sword? Can I —".
"Tut,tut,tut we gotta get ready for the war that coming up in two days", says Buddy.
"Okay..., I will see you tomorrow", says Tischen
"Oh, that reminds me, you are skipping training tomorrow," says Chief Bob.
"Why?", said Buddy.
"You don't want to ruin it, do you?", questioned Chief Bob.
"No", Buddy confirmed.
"Well then, go get us some dinner for all twenty-four of us (Including you.)", ordered Chief Bob.
" Sure but, at least tell me where I can get a bar of gold like you used to barter with.", asked Buddy curiously.
" Go kill an Aryan of course." Chief Bob says casually. Which was informing, but also pretty frightening to hear, go kill someone, said so casually. So, anyways Buddy went to the market. While he went to the market he felt he had heard footsteps behind him. He turned around to check if anyone had followed him. No one.
"I must be hearing things.", thought Buddy. Suddenly a sword was about to cut into Buddy's back. Thankfully Buddy heard this coming, so he was just in time to deflect the sword with his own before it was too late. The Aryan vigorously threw an ax at Buddy but, he swung the sword at just the right time, just the right force and at just the right area to break the ax in half and making both halves shoot back to the Aryan. This stabbed the Aryan and so he dies. Buddy checks for gold bars in his pocket and surprisingly he had one ( One gold bar equals fifty points.). Buddy took the gold bar to the market to get dinner. " Hot and fresh rice with fish curry for twenty-four, please.", Buddy ordered.
" Okay but what will you give me in order for me to give you that?", asked the merchant. Buddy slipped the gold bar on to the market counter. "Wow, where did you get that?", asked the merchant in wonder.
" From an Aryan, I'm actually in the army fighting against them.", informs Buddy enthusiastically.
"I hope we win!" exclaims the merchant. Sort of proud Buddy takes the dinner back to Camp Warzone. They all finish eating and get ready to hit the hay. Buddy had another weird dream that night. His brother Macai dies and a mysterious figure appears. Just then Buddy was woken up by a Rooster telling everyone to wake up with its morning call. Tischen has been barfing in his sleep. Buddy woke up everyone who wasn't already woken up by the roosters morning call. Then they all told Chief Bob about Tischen barfing in his sleep. Chief Bob came to look at it himself, to see, it was true.
"Let's send him home", says Chief Bob with a worried look on his face. Tischen was his brother's son. Tischen was sent home, but when he reached home...
"Father!"exclaimed Tischen.
"Tischen!"greeted Priest Eucalyptus and Macai.
"I heard you had an illness.", says Priest Eucalyptus.
" Yeah, that's true. I'm going to see a doctor for that. I really need his herbal medicines.", Tischen says.
"Okay, but first eat some breakfast.", ordered Priest Eucalyptus politely.
"Sure." Tischen obeyed. They all took out buns and chicken curry to eat for breakfast. Tischen accidentally coughs on Macai's bun. No one noticed though. "I should be going", says Tischen. Tischen left the house to go to the doctor. Meanwhile, the doctor at the camp hospital wing was doing a quick check up on everyone to see if anyone else had caught the disease. The doctor finally reached Buddy. He was petrified in fear.
"Clear" yelled the doctor.
"Phew!"thought Buddy. Everyone was clear of the disease so, they went back to training.
Buddy sat at his tent contemplating when suddenly he heard a voice. " Have you done the deed?" , asked the voice.
" Yes, now can you leave me alone." , says Buddy arrogantly.
" No!" says the voice, probably with a smirk on his face after saying this... if it had one.
" But you said --." Buddy tried to say.
"Tut, tut, tut child. You are in my hands now. You do what I say."says the voice with a murderous accent in its voice.
" So what else do I have to do for you to leave me alone? " pleaded Buddy.
" I will never leave you alone" says the voice.
"Please! I will do anything!", pleaded Buddy.
"No matter how much you plead I will always be here" says the voice. Buddy banged his head on the tent's pole. The voice slowly went away. Chief Bob came to the tent carrying a letter.
   " The war is tomorrow. So, go get ready and here is a letter from my brother,
"Priest Eucalyptus?".says Buddy. "Yes, you might want to throw away the letter after you read it", says chief Bob. Buddy opened the letter
Dear Buddy,
I have some terrible news. Your brother Macai has died. How did he die you ask? He died because of the disease, Tischen... my son brought home. Thank goodness he didn't die too! Good luck for the war... bye... Sincerely,
Priest Eucalyptus

Buddy rereads the letter a few times before throwing it away and immediately regrets doing it.
"Looks like someone's crying!" the voice teased.
"GO AWAY!!!!" Yelled Buddy in his agitated form. Buddy fell into bed and went to sleep. He has another weird dream. In his dream Tischen had betrayed the Indus and left to be in the Aryan's side. Macai had faked his death and the mysterious figure had executed Macai's head off. Buddy had woken up at that point, to hear the morning call of a rooster...
"Wake up! Everyone wake up!", ordered Chief Bob, which is a pretty rude thing to hear orders shouted at you in the morning if you ask me. Buddy left the tent, but suddenly... PSHOOO!!!! An Aryan had catapulted a boulder straight into the camp to hit Chief Bob right in the chest. Just then Buddy had mixed emotions, he was depressed, in grief and scared . He wanted to suicide. Chief Bob was okay though because of how strong he was. He lifted the boulder and threw it back at the catapult to smash it to smithereens. The Aryans ran away. Buddy was on the floor when the boulder was about to hit Chief Bob he quickly jumped out of the way and onto the floor to avoid the boulder. Chief Bob says " What are you looking at boy."
"Nothing!", replied Buddy nervously. Chief Bob was confused. Everyone jumped out of their bed after the boulder incident to see what happened. Thankfully, since Chief Bob is super strong, he walked out of the camp's hospital wing perfectly fine, still cranky but, perfectly fine. Chief Bob quickly remembered something,
" Today is the war!" yelled Chief Bob. He ran into the battlefield. Arrows and spears flew everywhere but, there was something surprising that caught Chief Bob's eye. Buddy, his best student, was lying on the ground unconscious, with an arrow to the stomach...