Chapter 1: A Certain Meeting

Troublesome.

A term I use at least once per day.

It's something I use to describe the repetitive motions of daily life, every single waking moment of every day.

"....What the hell are ya looking at kid!? Ya looking for a fight?!"

Like this situation for example.

"Huh!? Keeping quiet? What, too scared of us now, that you're quaking in fear? Is that it!? Oi, answer me!"

Right now, I was being screamed at by some large-bellied teenager with a mean look on his face.

Glaring daggers at me just to mask his inner weakness, how pathetic.

"Hahaha, stop it Taku, can't you see that you're making him even more scared yelling at him like that? Look, any moment now, this guy's gonna piss his pants. What are ya gonna do if he stinks up the place?"

"That's right, hahaha just let him be before he makes us smell like piss as well!"

"Right! Right!"

"Yeah, just make him get lost already!"

Followed by what seems to be their leader's opinion, the other delinquents laugh in mocking tones.

From what I can see, they seem to have misunderstood my intentions of coming here, out of their own convenience.

But that's fine, I don't blame them.

Seeing me, keeping silent after their blatant childish threats, I would draw the same conclusion if I were in their shoes.

While they are jeering at me with their glares and whatnot, I secretly move my eyes to look around me and my surrounding area, ascertaining the numbers of the possible enemy, and the present situation.

One, two........six, no, seven.

There's one hiding behind the large-bellied teenager.

Obviously, his size is a large deterrent, literally.

I can't see the person now, but I can faintly tell there was movement in that certain space behind them.

I don't know why he needed to hide, but it's none of my business, so I won't pry any further.

Taking a glance at each of them, I analysed their facial features, body build, and estimated their individual, as well as their group strength. Most of them had bleached their hair in an attempt to look tough, including the stoutly-built one from before, but the tallest one who I assumed to be this group's boss, had none at all.

It was a hairstyle that seemed to belong to certain buddhist sects in other countries in the south, but it would make him enraged if I said it out loud, so I refrain from opening my mouth.

It's not because I was scared though.

Let me clarify that, at least.

I just really don't like wasting my time making the problem even more troublesome than it already is.

In fact, I was really just...

"....No, I'm just passing through but you guys were in the way."

Although this contradicts my earlier point, I, quite frankly, could care less.