Chapter Three-Dream

I had a dream. A dream of memories that weren't existed in mine. An illusionary memories but I could feel it real:
***
I saw my father wearing a formal attire, seating inside a fine dining restaurant. He was talking to another man sitting across from him. The man looked rather an important businessman. They seemed having a serious conversation. I can't hear them.

It is like watching a silent movie. Father was telling him something but the expression of his face was begging. The man shook his head in disagreement and he stomped his fist on the table angrily. With that, Father remained silent as the man says something to him.

Father looked hopeless and sad but he gave the man a smile then nodded. Instead of smiling back the man gave my father a warning look.

I watched my father exited the restaurant and stood at the pavement to hail a cab. As a cars passing by, Father suddenly run his hand to his heart as if someone stabbed him. His knees brought him to the ground. He braced himself from falling; he was breathing hard and his body shook vigorously...
I could not breathe.
Some people exiting from the restaurant saw my father immediately rushed over to help him but it's too late...

Father's body dropped dead on the ground. My heart ached. I allowed my tears to fall...
I caught the man whom Father talking with from the back of the crowd smiling.

As fast as wind the scenario shifted back to my own memories...
My mother bidding farewell to the little Me. The little Me was crying, holding tightly on her. She gently pull me away and kissed my forehead, while whispering her promise to me. That was my last memory of her.

I watched her walk away and counted the steps she take...

Again the scenario moved back to the memories that was not mine; it was Mother's. I guess.

I saw her walking on the pavement in the dark, carrying bags of goods. As if she sensed something she tilted her body to look behind her... She was actually look at me---like she noticed my presence---

"Be careful, my sweet daughter" she warned. Directly. At. Me.

"Mother---
***

A brilliant light flashed on my eyelids that caused me to open my eyes, a blurred figure staring down at me. My eyes shifted to the starry night sky...and back to the figure...

"Desiree?" It's Rufus.

Slowly my vision began to focus... I can clearly see Rufus' handsome face.
He smiled in relief. "You almost gave me a heart attack. What happened to you?" He was holding a fashlight at my face.

My head spinning. Ugh

He helped me to sit up on the ground.
"Rufus?" I groaned over my dizziness.
"Yes?"
I held his hand tightly. Panicked. "Do you have any ideas...where mother might be? Did she ever tell you something....before s--she disappeared?"
He shook his head.
I sobbed.
"My Aunt Sonja, your mother's employer, just told me she just disappeared. I got so worried for Miranda that I went here to tell you and wondering if she was here. I was utterly surprised that you don't know either." He wiped my tears with his hand.

Rufus still wearing his red scarf and his clothes changed; he was wearing a khaki sweater and black jeans and running brown shoes. I wonder where he was staying.

Suddenly the thunder rumbled in the sky. We looked at each other... In a few seconds rain started falling... Oh great. Rufus chuckled as he lifted his scarf over our heads to shield ourselves from rain.

I grabbed the hem of the scarf in my side as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I felt an electric current flowed in my nerves, my heart skipped a beat... I never been this way but I know I feel happy that he's in my side. I know I'm blushing right now.