chapter four: [threefold death]

"He stepped down, trying not to look too long as if she were the sun. Yet, he saw her like the sun without even looking."

         Indigo's POV

   I sat in Allison's car, still stationary in the parking lot of the bank. It had been about an hour since Scott left, after he told Allison. She's been quietly sitting here since.

   "Allison. . ." I slowly spoke up, looking to her from the passenger seat. "You're okay, right?"

She slowly looked from the steering wheel to me, her eyes giving it all away.

     "I just wish I had known." She whispered.

I nodded in response, letting silence take over again. I had no idea what to do. I had never told my friend's mother that she had tried to kill someone, which had almost killed me. That situation doesn't really happen often.

   Allison looked away from me and reached over to the glove compartment, popping it open. The door opened and she snatched something from inside it, pulling it out to gaze at it. It glinted off the moonlight before I could see what it was.

       An arrow head.

She twirled it in between her fingers, staring to it.

   "I thought you and your dad were done." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking from the arrow head to her. She licked her lips nervously, before looking to me.

     "I let Boyd and Cora out. I'm going to help get them back."

    The name Cora was so weird to hear. Apparently, she was Derek's younger sister, one he'd thought died in his house fire. The sight of her surprised us all, I guess.

I sighed, knowing well enough there was nothing I could do once she had her mind set on it.

      "Can you at least give me a ride home?"

×

   I watched out the window as we drove down the street, eyes catching the lights of houses and lamp posts.

    Allison's phone snapped me out of it, making me look to it. Melissa's name popped onto the screen, making my eyebrows furrow.

Allison looked just as confused, before taking one hand off the wheel and grabbing her phone, hitting answer.

   "Hello?"

She listened to the response, before taking the phone away from her ear.

     "It's for you."

I took the phone from her hand eagerly, reaching it to my own ear.

   "Mom?" I spoke slowly.