Safe

This is going to be like a actual story type thing.
(Fictional)
_______

I sat in the all-too-familiar black plastic chair situated in front of the Vice Principals desk. I've been here too many times before, and all of them were wastes of her and my time.
I got situated and sighed waiting for her voice to destroy the silence of the school office. I already knew why I was here, because I'm the only kid in my school full of damned children who are all basically doomed to being a farmer. I speak for what I believe in, and the school, in fear, shut me up because they know I can see what they are doing.

"Do you feel safe, here Ms. Salter?" Her voice rang in my ears. I didn't want to answer. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to know why I was in here and to hear the false accusations they have against me and to hear my punishment for things I did not do.

"No." I said with extreme attitude, easily showing her how ticked off I am about this.

"Now why is that" she questioned, obviously knowing what she just got herself into.

I cleared my throat and fixed my posture to seem more mature, something my mother taught me, it makes people listen and take you seriously.

"Well ma'am, I don't feel safe here, no female should feel safe here," I furrowed my eyebrows and folded my hands together "where we have been taught that we should be ashamed of our bodies, and that it is inhuman for a woman to have sexual organs. I'm afraid because from your and other teachers words, I fear every man I am near, fearing that they will strike. I don't feel safe because everywhere I go I feel like I'll get pulled into a secluded area with a man, that I'll get harassed by fellow male students. I understand your and many others point of "distraction free learning" but are we the ones to blame? Is it our fault that we were born with a vagina and breasts? Is it my fault that men sexualize us and we can't prevent it? Sending a female home because her shorts are too short or her bra straps are visible is telling her that her education is not as important than males, that we are not going to do anything in life except be a house wife so why give us education, huh? You're a female, have you never felt this way?" I asked with pure venom and anger in my voice.

"You are aware that I can hold any of what your saying right now against you and you will have consequences, yes?" She asked trying to act calm.

"That didn't answer my question" I said only milliseconds after she finished talking.

"It didn't have to, but no, I have always done what I was told, I never second guess the rules, if they were passed as a rule, it's logical." She said matching my pace in words.

"Under no circumstances should girls be told that their clothing is responsible for boys' bad behaviors. This kind of message lands itself squarely on a continuum that blames girls and women for assault by men... If the sight of a girl's leg is too much for boys to handle, then your school has a much bigger problem to deal with." I said and stood up. I know very well that I am not to leave until I am dismissed. I Wales out her office door and yelled

I AM NOT A SEXUAL OBJECT
Into the halls.
I heard a few cheers, laughs, sarcastic remarks, but most of all, I had female teachers praising me. Thanking me for speaking out for the women without voices.

I had a voice
I have a voice
I am the voice

#iammorethanadistraction