Baby, It's Cold Outside, Chapter 4

Jenna pointed her foot a bit more directly at Grant. Wow. Kate was right. The leg move worked a charm. He couldn't tear his eyes away.

She leaned back into the bliss of his strong hands massaging her feet. Who knew there were nerves that traveled straight from her feet to her vajayjay? The man had been given not only the grin of the devil, but also his hands. She was ready to tear off his clothes and get down to some action, but Kate's words echoed in her head. A man loves the chase. And Grant in particular loves the chase.

They'd been having their usual after-class talkfest, which had segued into a pitcher of Cosmos at Kate's apartment. And the crazy plan had been hatched. Jenna needed to work on her mojo after being dumped by her no-good loser of a boyfriend. Kate needed Grant at their dad's seventy-fifth birthday party.

Jenna's big mistake had come after her first drink had been finished, and she'd mentioned having seen Grant once at a party at Kate's house. And that he'd figured vividly in her fantasy life ever since. Kate's imagination had taken over from there.

"Perfect," she'd announced. "You go to New York and practice your flirting skills by inviting him, in person, to the birthday party. Since he's basically a stranger, you've got a clean slate to practice on. And you'll get instant feedback on how well you flirt."

Kate brandished her glass of pink booze. "And you'll never have to see him again after the visit." She added slyly, "If you don't want to."

"I've only seen your brother once," Jenna had said, waving at the photo that stood on Kate's bookshelf. "But if he's half as attractive as my fantasy memory, he must be swarming in women."

Kate poured out two more tall drinks. "I'm sure he is."

"Then why would he do anything merely because I asked him?"

"Because I—" Kate thumped her chest "—am going to coach you into success. I grew up with him, didn't I?"

"Yeah. But he's a guy. He's different from us."

"Guys are all the same. The three S's. Sports, sex and sandwiches." Kate handed her the frosted glass.

"Don't tell me you know your brother's sexual preferences. Because that is too squicky."

"Ewww. I don't know, and I don't want to know." Kate took a sip of her drink. "But I know two very important things and that's all I need to tell you."

"What?"

"First, he's too used to being chased. You need to make him work to get you."

"Okay," Jenna said doubtfully. "But why is he going to chase me?"

Kate rolled her eyes. "You need to have some self-confidence!"

"How?"