Baby, It's Cold Outside, Chapter 6

Jenna opened her eyes and peered at Grant. How had she managed to end up lying here half-naked in shimmering candlelight? She was supposed to be flirting with him, and teasing him, not succumbing to him. What had she been thinking to let him pull up her shirt like that?

Okay, she'd been thinking how much she enjoyed the heat in his gaze that was hotter than the fire. She'd wanted to see the flames burn higher. Men are visual creatures, Kate whispered in her ear. Make sure he always has something interesting to look at.

Of course, she knew Kate hadn't meant her to carry anything this far. Kate certainly hadn't expected her to have sex with Grant to carry out the plan.

She stared up at his broad shoulders, his dazed-looking face. Oh, the problem was there was nothing she wanted more than to have sex with him. The great difficulty would be forcing herself into the second bedroom.

"I think—" she said, the words stuck in her throat like a block of ice from the storm. "I think I'd better get to bed."

He swallowed. "Jenna, what does that mean?"

"Kate said you have two bedrooms." She swung her legs over the side of the couch. For a moment, her head swam.

"The second bedroom is an office." Grant's deep voice licked right into her like another shot of brandy.

She stared at him, and then over at the array of computer equipment lining the living room. "This is not your office?" She tried not to sound skeptical.

"My partner uses the other office."

The words chilled her as if the blizzard had swept inside for a moment. What would she do if he only had one bed?

Grant blew out a breath. "Why was Kate talking about the number of bedrooms in my apartment, anyway?"

Another blast of cold air as she tried to sort out his words. Had she given away the game? Why would Kate have been talking about his bedrooms when she'd supposedly just given Jenna Grant's address as a temporary sanctuary?

Jenna's mind whirled like a snowflake caught in an updraft. And found no place safe to settle. She would have to distract him or the whole plot might blow up right now.

"Never mind that," she said. "Why don't you kiss me again?" She pulled him down and their lips locked, as if magnetized. She delicately pushed her tongue into his mouth, letting him seize it. She knew when he groaned that he'd forgotten all about how many bedrooms he had.

Wrapping her arms around him tightly, she pressed her breasts against his chest. She could hardly complain when he rubbed his cock against the vee of her legs. Especially not when it felt so good. She pressed back, opening her legs and lifting her knees to cradle him.

"Jenna," he muttered. "You're driving me crazy. Why?" His lust-filled eyes gazed at her in the candlelight. "I love your enthusiasm. But if we need to stop, then it has to be now."

Still, his hand reached under the tank top she'd pulled down, and moved up to cradle her breast. His hips moved slowly, enticingly, against her. She gasped when he plucked her nipple lightly.

"I thought you were going to stop," she said.

"Yeah." He continued the hard pressure of his hips. "Just as soon as you tell me to."

Her back arched and her fingers dug into his shoulders. If he didn't stop stroking her breasts like that, she'd lose her mind. Then they'd never stop. Because she was not a well-disciplined person. She was more the carefree, spontaneous type, and right now her impulsive side was urging her to sneak her hand inside his pants.