Chapter Nine

Instagram: fairlyxloco

___________________

"So he just walked out?" Hayley asked.

I tightened my grip on the pole of the bus trying to keep my balance as the vehicle hit a bump. I adjusted my phone back to my ear still hearing Hayley rant from the other line. "Yup." I simply said popping the p.

Hayley groaned. "So he was just having a normal everyday conversation with you and all of a sudden he gets up and leaves." She summarized while questioning the situation.

"Yeah, basically." I said as my head banged with a migraine from this entire episode. "My head hurts now." I stated.

"Yeah so does mine, and I wasn't even there." Hayley said. "Boys are so confusing, see this is why I don't interact with them. All they do is give you stress and STDs while you give them your virginity." Hayley stated.

"I don't think that's always the case." I said shaking my head laughing lightly at her naivety.

"Well I wouldn't know, now would I?" She countered back. "This is one of the many reasons I will never ever be in a relationship." She admitted.

"Yeah that and the fact you're scared of people." I added with a laugh.

"I'm just saying animals are always more reliable than people. People walk away and waste your time, love and affection. Wait, there was that one time my cat ran away. Never mind scratch that. Stuffed animals are way more reliable, I still got the same teddy bear from when I was five, and does Mr.Pancakes ever fuck me over? No, no he does not." Hayley explained.

"I need a Mr. Pancakes in my life." I said with a sigh getting off the bus.

"Amen, sister." She agreed. "Hang on I'm getting another call," she said before switching lines.

I made a turn left from the stop lights when the walking sign showed up. Casually walking, I kept my head low as thoughts swirled into my mind. I looked up noticing a small little bakery on the corner of the street and realized just how hungry I was. I walked in, taking in the cutesy furniture and beautiful aroma, then stood in a small line.

"Ugh it was Noah. He wants us to come hang out with his football friends." Hayley explained.

I frowned realizing Christian would be there, I interacted with him enough for one day. "I can't." I said immediately. "I got an art assignment due." I added.

"No!" Hayley whined. "Noah's picking me up right now so I have to go. What am I gonna do now? You're not coming so I'll be alone with a bunch of horny scary stupid teen boys." She complained.

"Don't worry you got Noah." I reassured in a soothing voice. "And Jace." I added making her scoff.

"The barbarian? He looks fresh out of Tarzan." She explained. "Just with shorter-ish hair."

I pictured the idea in my mind and gasped. "Woah I actually see it." I admitted.

"I hate him. His remarks are so stupid I just feel the need to hit his head with a brick. And his attitude, the 'oh I'm the real deal don't mess with me.' vibes." She said in a deep voice when trying to imitate Jace.

I rolled my eyes kissing my teeth. "He's never said that." I defended. "He's better than Christian, and he seems like a sweet guy. You'd love him, just be nice." I suggested while moving forward.

"I think he hates me too." Hayley said. "Oh well." I pictured her casually shrugging it off.

"No-" I started.