Chapter 26

Most of this chapter is just past events but it brings us full circle and will let us move onto a new thing I am gonna do. Mwhahaha.

[Navada, Las Vegas]

[August 16 202X, 14:06]

"It's gonna be lonely without you here Dick." Slade said passing the last of his shirts.

"I'm gonna miss our bickering too old man but like I said it's not gonna be forever, I'm just gonna stay there for a three months at most." Dick shrugged catching his shirt and shoved it in his duffle bag along with the rest of his wardrobe.

"I am still gonna check on you so don't be surprised if I sneak in."

"I'll try not to shoot you."

"Why do I have a bad feeling about that."

"Well, that's the last of it. I guess it's almost time to say our good-byes."

"I hate good-byes, I prefer see you later's."

"I guess I will see you later alligator."

"In a while crocodile."

=========================

[Gotham City]

[August 23th 202X, 17:37 EST]

Dick was sitting on the wood floor of his living room in his new empty apartment. All that was in his apartment currently was a video camera facing him.

The teen took a deep breath in and pressed the recording button.

Hello, my name is Richard Grayson son of John and Mary Grayson. You might be wondering why am I filming myself.

Well if you are watching this I am dead. This video is my confession video, my apology video, my thank you video and my goodbye video.

First off I would like to say, Jason, I am giving you all of the money I earned while I was a mercenary. There should be a few million in your account once I die. Even though we didn't know each other for long you are still my little bro. If you ever decide to stop with your current life and want live a peaceful one with your hubby that should help.

And yes to all of you who don't know, Jason is still alive. But please let him come back on his own accord, don't go chasing him all around the world. He just needs some time. He also has people to help him so don't worry about him that much.

Speaking about worrying, the USB that I sent out as a threat was never going to be left in the wrong hands. The only copy I made was the one Bruce has.

And the head of the Joker was real.

Now that we cleared those to messes up I want to say all of my thank yous.

Thank you, Alfred, for being the Grandpa I never I had. You were someone I could always trust. You were always there for me when I got into fights with Bruce and you are a crazy good semester and cook. I never saw you as a butler, I saw you as my family.

Thank you to all my friends and family back in my Flying Grayson days. You guys did your best to educate me so I could live a good life and threw me the best birthday parties a kid could ever ask for. I will always cherish those memories.

Thank you to the Justice League for guiding me and being like my wacky Aunts and Uncles. You made life a whole lot more interesting for me and you keep the world safe.

Thank you to the Young Justice League for being a second family to me. When Kaldur, Wally and I formed this team it was to get some independence from our mentors. But now I understand that we are already independent. Mentors aren't teaching us to be them, they helping to guide us and let us choose our own path at the end of the day.

And Walls, I'm sorry that I'm embarrassing you in front of everyone but I'm even sorrier that never had the chance to say, I love you. I miss you so much but now that I am actually gone for good, this time, you can move on.

Deathstroke, you were the one who saved me from going insane. My knight in shining armor if you might. I know I keep on saying this over and over again I owe you my life. Thank you for teaching me, feeding me, giving me a place to stay after the incident. Your son would have been lucky to have an old man like you as his Dad.

Bruce, whether you are dead or alive now I just want you to know that if you hurt another kid again to watch your back because someone is watching yours.

And with that, Dick turned off his camera and let out another sigh wiping away the few tears that he wasn't able to hold in.

"How was that?" Dick asked.

"That seemed pretty legit to me."

"I don't know if I can fake my death. After all that's happened, don't you think that would be a waste?"

"You said it yourself right? Dick Grayson doesn't exist anymore. After this, you can live your life peacefully and also keep your eye on Bruce."

"But this is only going to be a last ditch effort okay Roy?"

"Yeah, yeah. My mouth is shut."

========================

[Outskirts Of Gotham City]

[September 4th 202X, 18:57 EST]

Dick was standing alone on top of an old abandoned building. He was staring down at the city below his feet.

"I can't believe it's been 5 years already, time sure go's by fast." He said to himself while reminiscing on his past.

He remembered himself running around town at night in his cape and fighting crime with Wally, Roy, and Kladur.

He could remember the taste of Alfred's home made cookies and how Bruce told him not to eat them all at once.

And he remembered the day Wally confessed his feelings for him.

"Those sure were the good old days." he sighed.

As the sun was setting Dick pulled up his hood then grabbed a USB from his messenger bag that was casually slung over his shoulder.

"Now it's time to get to work. Dick Grayson is back in action."

Word count 1008 words

=======================
AN: And that brings us up to everything. If you are worried that their are going to be no more flashbacks oh boy were you wrong.

Read the next chapter to figure out what the heck I am going to do.