Before Hogwarts

Hermione Jean Granger was born on 19 September, 1979 to two muggle dentists, teeth doctors. Raised by Wendall and Monica Granger in London (A/N it never specifically says her parents' names, so these are made up), she lived a boring life believing her to be a muggle. Since her childhood, she has been a bright genius raised for her education. Great things have always been expected from her. Complete perfection was what everyone wanted from the brightest witch of her age.

"Her parents just wanted her to be happy," Ginny said. "I met them once. They didn't care what she did, well to an extent, so long as she was happy with her life."

In her early years of muggle school, Hermione began showing magical signs. This is when they knew she was a special girl.

Hermione skipped home after another exciting day at school. At only age 7, she showed tremendous promise according to her teachers. Hermione could smell the aroma of fresh cookies when she entered her kitchen. By the oven was her mother pulling the cookies out.

As she turned around, Monica Granger saw her bushy haired child grinning from ear to ear. Her bucky teeth could not be missed. "You're home mummy!" She exclaimed.

Mother hugged daughter. "Of course I am dear. Your father is finishing things up at the office and I decided to make you some fresh cookies as a special treat."

Hermione was very excited that she wanted a cookie right then. Almost as if it was magic, a cookie flew into her hand. Hermione dropped it because it was still hot and had burnt her small hand. Her mother put the tiny child's hand under some water but didn't know what had just happened. How had the cookie gotten there?

Hermione had numerous confrontations with muggles through her life till the day she received her letter from Hogwarts. What a marvelous day that was for the family! Their lives, especially the young Granger girl's, had been forever altered.

Hermione's last day of school made her feel a feeling she never ever wanted to feel; she never wanted to return to school. Hermione always felt different from the other kids and didn't have any friends. She was a sociable and a well liked girl but no one truly wanted to know the weird girl. Returning home with a great sigh, Hermione discovered that neither parent was home but the post was on the table with only a letter addressed to her. She ripped it open and read:

Dear Ms. Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Hermione looked at the letter in shock. What sort of trick was this? Inclosed was an odd list of items and another small note.

Dear Ms. Granger,
I know this must be a lot to take in but I can assure you that this is no trick. You are a witch born to two muggles, the people you know as people with no magic. An owl shall arrive in the morning awaiting your response to be taken back to me.
To get your supplies, go to the bar called The Leaky Cauldron in downtown London. At the bar, ask for Tom and tell him you must go shopping. He will understand. Then go to Gringotts bank to exchange money to get your supplies.
On September 1st, through the wall that is 3/4 between platforms 9 and 10.

Yours Sincerely,
Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Hermione heard the door open and her parents calling her name. She didn't respond but just kept staring at the letter. They walked over and took a look at the letters. The Grangers were baffled but told their darling girl to go. They knew that's where she belonged.