Lost Connection (Chapter 5)~Love Interests, Anybody?

Laurance's POV

The Next Morning...

"Laurance! You slob!" Cadenza exclaims as she cleans up ONE water bottle I accidentally left on a coaster the night before. 

I trudge into the living room, "It's just one water bottle." I chuckle. 

"I don't care! Laurance, we're trying to live in a nice and sanitary living environment! Not some pigsty!" Cadenza growls. She's OCD about keeping everything in place. 

I roll my eyes, "Ok, mom!" I exclaim. 

Cadenza places her hand on her hip, "Would you like me to become your mother? Because I could take you to manner school and you'd have no choice but the be polite and clean!" Cadenza replies.

"Oh my Irene, no!" I groan. 

Even the thought of it sends chills down my spine, "Cadenza, stop before my breakfast is on the floor." I clutch onto my stomach, over exaggerating the situation.

"You'd be cleaning that up to!" Cadenza points to the spot in front of me, supposedly where I would throw up if she made me. I groan once again, then make my way to the bathroom, "Laurance Caleb Zvhal! Get back here this instant!" Cadenza commands. 

"No thanks, Mother!" I exclaim. I can hear her groan with annoyance. I smirk, chuckling softly. I pick up my phone and call someone I saw just a couple days ago.

"Hello?" The voice starts.

"Aye! Garroth, my man!" I start.

Garroth groans on the other end, "What do you want this time?" He asks.

A smirk grows on my face, "You." I turn on the 'Casanova Side' as Cadenza would call it.

"L-Laurance! Shut up! Why'd you call me?" Garroth stutters. It's strangely cute.

"Wanna hang out later?" I ask.

"Sure!" Garroth replies.

We exchange details, then say our goodbyes.

"Bye."

"Goodbye, Laurance."

He line goes dead. I chuckle and start to get ready.

****

•Timeskip•

Garroth's POV

I tap my foot nervously on the pavement as I sit at the fountain that I met Vylad and Zane at yesterday. Laurance and I had agreed to meet here, so I just got here a little beforehand due to traffic not being as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

"Uhh... Garroth? Is that you?" Laurance's voice rings in my ears. 

I look up from my phone and see the fluffy haired brunette standing there,"Hey!" I exclaim, smiling. 

Laurance returns the gesture, then sits down to my left, "Soo... Why this place?" Laurance asks. 

I shrug, "I don't know. Just thought it'd be a good place to meet." I reply. Laurance nods slightly. My palms grow sweaty, "Do you have any love interests?" I ask. 

Laurance's face turns pale, pale as a ghost, "Uhh... Uhh.. Gar-Garroth, why'd you ask such a... Such a question?" Laurance stutters. 

I purse my lips together nervously but tear them apart to speak, "Just wondering... Well.. Do you?" I question. 

Laurance's ghostly skin seems to have grown pink in the cheeks, "Ye-Yes." He replies. 

The same butterflies I used to get come rushing back into my stomach, "Who?" I ask. 

Nervousness overcomes my body once again, "You--- I-I MEAN... SOMEONE NAMED YOUTH!" Laurance cuts himself off. 

This 'Youth' isn't actually a real person, is it? Laurance's face is now a tomato. He looks away, but I grab his chin softly and then his head to me. 

"What was that about me?" I ask in a soft voice. 

"Uhh.. N-No one?" His statement flows out more like a question. Laurance's face somehow gets even more red. 

"Well.. Let's change that." I say.

I then crash our lips together. Laurance seems to be taken by surprise, but soon kisses back. The butterflies in my stomach fly away. When I pull back, I look into his baby blue eyes. 

"Any love interests?" I repeat. Laurance nods slowly.