Epilogue ~ 20

~ Epilogue ~

Damitri looks out over the world he is ready to call his. It's a beautiful world. A world that created its own monster. A world of Fantasy. And within Fantasy are his real prizes. Straight in front: Myth, Folklore, Legend, and Lore; to his left: Fairy Tale and Urban; to his right: Ravensword; and behind him: Lunashield. Prizes hiding what he truly wants. Keeping it locked up behind minds of survival and hearts of love. These are things he needs to defeat.

Red Peak holds the strategic position he needs for both the battle and his army. A small, almost uninhabitable village is the only thing hiding in the woods surrounding Red Peak and the Mystic River provides plenty of fog to hide their numbers from the flying police.

Dragons. If they weren't so useful, he'd have destroyed them years ago.

He stands at the very tip of Red Peak astride Felix, his remaining dragon. Even as he wishes for Willow, he can't seem to be more grateful for the beast underneath him. And a beast Felix is. Gone are his rough, green scales and tough hide, in their place is the skeleton of a dragon that shouldn't be. Felix went from an Ancient Red Fire Dragon, to an Ancient Bone Dragon in the time span of sixteen years. The Witches had done well in keeping one of his dragons alive, and although he preferred Willow, this new Felix was a blessing he counted above all the others.

"Your niece escaped unscratched, Tri." Felix's rough baritone is another thing to get used to. Even after three months of the dragon nurturing him to life and telling him all he needed to know that had happened in the past sixteen years, Damitri still flinches at the older tone.

"She is no threat to me pumped full of Angel." Damitri reminds Felix. "Besides, she hasn't even matured yet. How the prophecy could even, in the slightest, resemble her, I do not know. Oracles are for scaring children anyways."

"You should not be so careless to throw away the path set before you. If you are not careful, you'll be slain once more."

"And I will rise again." Damitri feels Felix's worry and immediately begins to quench the doubt. "I will have Fantasy under my hand. I do not care how many deaths I must suffer, Fantasy will suffer much more."

"And of Willow?" Felix asks cautiously.

Damitri glances to the North; beyond Folklore and the crashing waves of Drake Waters, to the island made up of mountain, trees, caverns, and dragons. "Do not worry, Willow will have her taste of blood once again."

THE END!!!

©JJHays2017

~ Vote and Comment Please ~

Thanks,

JJ