Chapter 23~ Death.

SHANE'S POV:

I sat in the waiting room like i had so many other times. i longed for someone to rush out to me, telling me joey was okay, but i knew it wouldn't happen. i began to pace back and forth, earning some concerned looks from the nurses. i had refused to let them treat my wounds until i knew what would happen with my joey. finally, a nurse came over to me, her eyes bloodshot. 

'Hello Mr. Dawson." she squeaked, her voice sounding tired and pained, "Mr. Graceffa pulled through the surgery... But he isn't doing too good, we were able to fix 99% of his issues. You can go see him, but i don't know if he is awake." 

I nodded and she led me to his room. I was so nervous, and definitely not prepared to see what i was about to. The moment we walked through the door, alarms started going off, doctors and nurses ran to the room, knocking me out of the way to get to joey. I didn't know what was happening until I caught a glimpse of his heart monitor. It had dead lined. 

"No..." I whispered as I watched them pull out the paddles.

I could feel tears stinging in my eyes. After the third shock, the doctor looked back at me and shook his head. the room emptied rather quickly, and I was allowed my last ten minutes with joey. This had been all my fault.. if i would have been paying attention to the road i would still have my joey. I stood and walked to his bedside, reluctant to see him. The tears were now flowing freely down my still wounded cheeks as i grabbed his hand in mine. My lip trembled as I began to speak.

"Joey... I know we have had our fair share of fights, we have done things we aren't proud of, and we have said things that we didn't mean, but i mean it when i say that i have always loved you. Even when Lisa was still here, I always had somewhat of a crush on you, and that crush got stronger over time, turning into love. I have put you through so much, and I'm sorry for that I'm sorry..." my voice cracked towards the end, "I always wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, and I'll be damned if I don't."

I stood and looked around the room for something I could use, anything I could use to get me with Joey. Finally, I found something. The doctor had left two bottles of pills and needles filled with something.. I didn't know what they were filled with, but what the heck... I grabbed the pill bottles, downing them both before injecting the liquid from the needles into my skin. i could feel the liquid rushing through my veins like ice. I stumbled over to joey's bed, lying down on it next to his lifeless body, curling into him. Just before I went unconscious I heard the slow unsteady beeping of joey's heart monitor.

JOEY'S POV:

I don't remember anything other than Shane and I going to the grocery store. I remember us singing, Me dancing... That's.. all. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't, every part of my body hurt. Suddenly, it was as if I was standing outside of my own body. I looked around the room in confusion, there were nurses and doctors galore, and Shane was pushed off in the corner, his expression shot pain through my heart, he looked so miserable. I looked back down at my battered body in shock. My skin was as white as a sheet, bruises covered nearly every inch of my face, and i was covered in cuts and stitches. When i returned my stare at the doctors, they were leaving the room, but i wasn't back in my body... they had given up. I watched shane walk over to me, tears pouring down his cheeks. I reached out, trying to wipe the tears, but my hand went straight through him. I listened as he spoke, watched him as he paced the room, but i didn't know quite what he was doing until he grabbed pill bottles and the needles. I tried to scream for him to stop, but no words came from my lips. I ran to him, but ran right through his body. I watched in horror as he downed the pills and injected the contents of the needles. Something had to be done, he can't do this! i ran back to my lifeless body and did everything in my power to jump back into it. Finally, I was pulled back into my body. 

I could hear the beeping of my heart monitor, I could feel my heart pounding, and I could hear Shane's breath becoming more and more shallow, until, he stopped breathing all together. I willed myself to open my eyes. I looked over at shane, but i was unable to move my body, what with all the broken bones and all. I had never been happier to feel pain. I forced myself to grab the pager, pressing the button repeatedly. A nurse slowly walked in, her eyes widening when she saw me. 

"you..you're supposed.. to...be..." she started, then she realized shane.

Doctors rushed in and took shane from my bed and out of the room. He had taken way too many drugs. I was actually surprised that I was back.. I don't even know how my heart started up again after I being gone for such a large amount of time.. I guess it was a miracle, Shane and I weren't meant to be apart, and I knew, if he didn't make it out of this, than neither would I. I came back to be with Shane, and I wasn't about to let him leave me like this. It felt kind of like Romeo and Juliet. I chuckled at the thought, but was pulled back into reality when a doctor walked into the room. 

"hello." he said, smiling. "i'm amazed that you are alive Mr. Graceffa..." he said.

"me too." i replied. 

"you had heart failure, but I guess It was just a miracle...." he said.

i smiled at him. Of course it was a miracle, what the hell else could it be.? He checked my charts and told me they wanted to run some tests to make sure i was alive for good this time. Once he left i couldn't help but worry about shane. I had seen how much he had taken... It would be a double miracle if he pulled out of this too... I can't lose him....

__________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYSS!!! What did you think of the new chapter? pretty intense huh? I was going to kill them both, but i figured you all would hate me. SO. I decided to leave it with a cliffhanger instead. enjoyc;  I'm unsure of what i'm going to do to shane yet... hm. c: 

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!!!! GOODBYE!!!! xxxx <3 <3 <3 <3