But we're Opossites

"... Chris I'm happy for you, but I need an editor. Can't I just follow you to your new company?"

"Sorry Phil, but it's four hours away from here,so unless you want to move from your lush apartment here..."

I could see the sympathetic look in his eyes, he was really trying to lay it down easy for me. But he was right, four hours was such a long time to travel each day,and I didn't want to move from my apartment here in London. It was everything I ever wanted in a living space. It was ample, had a king sized bed, porcelain shimmering floors that I would sometimes slip around in just my socks, etc. I don't think I could find a better place for myself.

I was brought back to the moment when Chris spoke again. "Oh, come on, cheer up! It's not like I'm gonna leave you without an editor! What kind of friend would I be if I did that?"

"A terrible one" I responded with a giggle and smirk. He let out a sigh which I could only assume was of relief because I wasn't completely upset anymore.

"We can't have that, your new editor's name is PJ. Him and I went to college together. He's absolutely wonderful and your gonna love him!" He pulled out a card from his wallet and handed it to me before continuing, "But I doubt you will ever love anyone more than me haha, anyways this is his number, you should give him a call so you two can get acquainted."

I nodded and put the card into my wallet for later. I decided to change the topic and we spent the next hour talking about random things. Before we both got up to leave he said he would text me to send me the date of the editor farewell party that the publishers were throwing. With that we went our separate ways.

I spent my cab ride home reminiscing over the years Chris had been my editor. I was going to miss him. My stomach began to feel slightly queasy as I paid the taxi driver and headed upstairs to my apartment, the thought of having to meet a new person,this so called PJ, was absolutely terrifying. I know Chris said that he was great, but what if he doesn't like me? Or worse, what if I don't like him?

I threw myself onto my white leathered couch. The exhaustion of today's events was too much. My mind wondered about Howell's foul, more than usual, mood today. Hmm maybe his editor was one of the ones that were being drafted.That could be why he was upset, him having to find a new person. I feel bad for whoever ends up being his new editor.

Remembering that I had the card Chris gave me with this new guy's number on it, I took it out and looked at the clock. It was only seven thirty, I could call him now. I pulled out my phone, took a deep breath, and dialled the number.

"Hello? Who is this?" the voice on the other end seemed soothing, I was relieved that he didn't have a booming scary voice.

"... Uh Yes! I mean Hello,Hi... This is Phil Lester. Chris-"

"Oh, Phil! Right of course,one of my new clients. I see Chris gave you my card."

"Yea he did,I called to see if we can meet in person?" My hands were cold sweating, it's not like I was asking him on a date,but even though he sounded nice, I still didn't know who he was.

"I would love that, in fact, are you free for breakfast tomorrow morning? My treat?"

"Um... Sure. Yes just text me the address and time and i'll be there."

"Great! Oh another thing...is it OK if my other new client joins us. I'm one of those people that likes everyone to group up and mingle."

Another person with us? It was strange, When working with Chris I knew who his other client was, but only by name,but this person wanted us to actually meet? So much socializing was scary but I didn't want to cause a bad first impression so I agreed.

***************
Morning came finally, and I got up at eight. My palms were cold sweating again and my heartbeat was anything but peaceful. Going over to my closet,I opened the dark Oak Wood doors and settled on a white button up shirt with a black pair of skinny jeans.

I headed out of my apartment and when I got into the taxi,I gave the driver the address of the place PJ had sent me. It turned out to be a cute little dinner on the other side of town.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the glass doors,and luckily I didn't have to look like a lost puppy searching for him because a man with green eyes and brown messy hair waved at me from a booth in the corner. There was another person wearing a black sweatshirt with him, but his back was too me. However that wasn't enough to conceal his Identity.

My heart instantly dropped, and filled with rage as I recognized the man's head shape... It had to be Dan Freaking Howell! I stood in place shocked and unable to move. PJ's smile turned into a worrying expression which caused the dark void himself to turn around. Immediately I saw him make the same face as me.

He started to get up,but PJ held his arm down and motioned for me to come over. I wasn't going to be rude to my new editor,so I walked over slowly. Stopping at the booth I took a seat next to mr. Green eyes.

"What the hell! Lester is your other new client! I would rather leave this company than work under the same editor!"

PJ looked frightened at first by Howell's sudden outburst, but after a moment started chuckling, "haha, Oh Chris warned me about this. But I didn't possibly think it was this true."

"Wait, Chris told you that Howell and I don't get along but you decided to take both of us anyways?" Why would a man with good decency do this.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Why?Besides don't editors have certain genres they like to work with? Me and this Dimwit are complete opposites!"

After chuckling again PJ answered while both of us stared intensely at him, "Well to be honest,I took both of you for several reasons."

"Care to elaborate?" I asked, needing an answer right away.

"Well for starters, the publishing company is low on editors and so we have limited choices on our preferred genres,but I don't mind that, I like different things, and what's more different than you two?"

"Well I Can't work alongside this overly happy piece of-"

"Dan, you can't leave us,there aren't many editors out there,and if you want to keep writing,then I'm your guy." PJ looked confident in his statement and Howell was forced to stay silent,but then opened his mouth again while getting up.

"Fine, but this doesn't mean I have to sit here with him." He took a bagel that was in the center of the table and left as always.

As much as it embarrassed me to leave,I felt like I had to because it would be too awkward to stay now.
"Sorry PJ, I'm afraid I should get going. Just text me the schedule for the editing." PJ just nodded sympathetically as I also took a bagel and walked off.

*YAY! Second chapter done! Dan and Phil are saucy,poor PJ.*