Chapter 1~The Prancing Pony

I was sitting in a pub called The Prancing Pony, listening, seeing, keeping my guard up while waiting for my brother. He was supposed to be here a little while ago, yet I did not fear for his wellbeing, for he is the Ranger known as Strider. As time went by the loud noises in the room was beginning to test my patience. Then I saw a cloaked figure move my way.

"You are late!" I said to my brother as he sat next to me. "My apologies Raven. I ran into a pack of Orcs on my way through a forest." He apologized turning to face the door. "You seem to have the best of luck on your travels my dear brother. Let us just hope nothing of more danger crosses our path."

My elven ears caught the sound of the door opening again and I sat up straighter as 4 Hobbits made their way inside. Seeing my sudden change in attitude, Strider followed my gaze finally noticing the hobbits.

One of them, with curly dark hair, walked up to the counter. By now I stopped listening to them knowing my brother was still listening. The Hobbit up front talked to an old man and by the scared and shocked look on his face he didn't receive the news he wanted.

The Hobbits made their way to a table, to get something to eat and drink. My gaze never left them for more than a second. Strider was smoking his pipe... again, also keeping an eye on them. Two of the Hobbits looked much alike and they had a mischievous glint in their eyes. One had a rounder form and looked a little wiser.

"Those guys have done nothing but stare at us since we arrived." The chubby Hobbit said while pointing, very obviously, in our direction. The one with the dark hair looked our way hesitantly, scared that we may be of threat to them, which we easily could be if we wanted to. “I kind of get why they are so scared, knowing we are watching their every move." I said to my Strider still looking at the Hobbits knowing he could hear me very well. "I also would be scared if two cloaked figures watched me from afar."

"Yes indeed." Was the reply I got from him. "Excuse me." The dark haired Hobbit said as he stopped a man on his way to serve somebody their food and drink. The man bowed down to the hobbit's size to hear more clearly. "Those people in the corner, who are they?" "They are one of them Rangers. They are dangers folk they are. Wandering the wilds. What their right names are, I've never heard, but round here the big one is known as Strider and the one next to him is known as Raven." I heard the guy say. After talking he hurried away as if scared he may be in trouble telling of us.
The next part of the events happened fast. One of the Hobbits told people of Frodo, the dark haired Hobbit. Frodo realized and made his way to the big mouthed Hobbit. He pulled at the Hobbit but the Hobbit, startled, pushed at his companion causing Frodo trip over a big boot. As he hit the ground Strider and I sat up right as a golden ring flew into the air.

The ring fell onto Frodo's finger and he magically disappeared. The whole room saw and the room erupted in chaos. "Strider!" I whisper yelled at him in panic. So much for an easy road. Strider was long gone and I knew he went to look for the disappearing Hobbit. I stood up from my seat and used my elf senses to find Strider. I saw him reach the Hobbit, pull him to his feet and push him, rather roughly, against the wall. "You draw far to mush attention to yourself Mr. Underhill." Strider said and then pushed the Hobbit up the stairs.
Strider threw the Hobbit into a room. "Brother be a little more sensitive would you?" I said as I followed the two into the room and closed the door behind me. "What do you want?" Frodo asked trying to look at his bravest. "A little more caution from you! That is no trinket you carry!" I said to Frodo as I walked next to my brother.

"I carry nothing." Frodo said. "Indeed." Strider said as he turned around and started sniffing out the candles. "Raven, help me with this would you?" He asked me and I to started sniffing out candles. "I can avoid being seen if I wish. But to disappear entirely..." Strider said and he removed his hood. "That is a rare gift!" I followed my brother's lead and removed my hood as well. My light blond hair showing.
The Hobbit stared in amazement, but pulled his gaze away from me and looked back to Strider. "Who are you?" Frodo asked, looking at us both. "Are you frightened?" Strider asked in half a sneering way that made me want to smack him on the head. "Yes." Frodo said looking cautiously at my brother. "Not nearly frightened enough. I know what hunts you." My brother deadpanned at the poor frightened hobbit.

"Strider, that was mean, even for you." I said as I walked closer to the Hobbit and bowed down to his size. "Hello my name's Helen. You are Frodo, am I right?" I asked and all the Hobbit did was stair in my dark blue eyes and nod his head. The sound of pounding feet caught my attention and I turned, sword drawn, as the rest of the Hobbits made their way into the room with a battle cry.
I sighed with relieve and sheaved my sword.

"Let him go! Or I'll have you Longshanks!" Sam the chubby Hobbit yelled at us, fists raised, as one of the other two had a chandelier in his hands while the other one just looked at us threateningly. Strider saw the lack in threat and sheathed his own sword. "You have a stout heart little hobbit! But that will not save you. You can no longer wait for the wizard Frodo. They're coming." My brother said and just on cue my elf ears caught the wailing sound of the treat following the Hobbits.