Chapter 1

Just a couple of weeks ago, it had been decided that Sarah needed to get out of the house once and for all, especially since her aunt and uncle had been arguing for so long. No longer could she stand to be around it, and they decided it would be best for her to move on. She was thirty years old after all, and it was just time. But her family wanted for her to take baby steps, as they were very protective of her. Being mildly mentally disabled, she wasn't quite treated the way any other person was.

They turned to a new friend that they had met recently, who was willing to take Sarah in and get her ready to be on her own. Of course, it meant moving her out of her hometown of Minnesota. She wasn't too happy to hear that, at least not until she heard where she was going. As soon as she heard she was going to Tulsa, Oklahoma she brightened up about the idea of it.

That's where she was now. She had been getting settled into her new home for the last few days. The best part was that she would be meeting her favorite band Hanson at some point. It turned out that it was his parents that had taken her in. This made her both nervous and happy at the same time. She had been listening to their music for so long and had been a fan ever since they came out.

She had even been playing guitar for the last year, as they had been a huge inspiration to her. It gave her something to do in her free time, and it brought back good memories of when she had been close to her dad. He had played quite a bit himself when she was growing up.

Having saved up the money for a new guitar, she told Diana and Walker that she was taking the bus to the music store and would be back later. Upon getting to the music store, she looked at a few before finally settling in on an Epiphone AJ-22OS Acoustic guitar. She was messing around with it when Isaac Hanson came in. She wasn't even paying any attention to anyone coming in and out of the store though, so she began to play one of her favorite songs by Daughtry.

far away in another place

i'd give my soul just to see her face

found a note hidden in my suitcase

of everything that you just couldn't say

how'd you know i needed that today?

wherever you are is where i want to be

look around and tell me what you see

everything, everything but me

no matter how many miles stand in between

in my heart is where you'll be

holdin' on to all our dreams

with everything, everything but me

lookin' through photographs today

different times always seem the same

then i saw a picture of your smile

something i haven't seen in a while

you know the one, the one you loved to hate

but every time it takes my breath away

wherever you are is where i want to be

look around and tell me what ya see

everything, everything but me

no matter how many miles stand in between

in my heart is where you'll be

holdin' on to all our dreams

with everything, everything but me

do you know how much it hurts to know

and leave it all behind, leave it all behind