Chapter 9

Half an hour later, Sarah sat in the ER waiting room with Isaac and his family. It was in fact Taylor involved in that accident, and it didn't look good. He had lost a lot of blood. 

When Isaac had been talking to the police about what happened, Isaac got the whole story of how Taylor lost control of the car and ran into a pole. The car behind him had slammed on their breaks to try avoid hitting him, but was unable to stop in time. They had rammed right into him from behind. 

Neither Walker or Diana was very happy with either Sarah or Isaac at the moment, althought lately for Sarah that seemed to be an issue. They didn't like being kept in the dark about Taylor being missing,  only to find out later he had been in a car accident. While they waited to hear more news about their son, they pretty much ignored her and comforted each other as best they could.

Isaac had also called his wife of course, along with the rest of the family. Nikki cried in his arms, and no one was really there to comfort Sarah. They had each other. She cried with her phone in her hands, texting her aunt Julie about Taylor. It wasn't much comfort for her though. 

The doctor finally came out a bit later, and looked at each of them. " We were able to stop the bleeding, and he is awake. He's actually asking for Sarah." 

Sarah looked from the doctor to Diana and Walker, hoping they would let her go see them first. They looked at her a moment, before nodding their heads. " Go ahead, Sarah. But make it quick." Diana told her.

Following the doctor to his room, she went inside and saw Taylor laying in bed with his eyes closed. The cut on his head had been stitched up, and it freaked her out a little bit. But she tried not to show it as she walked in further. " Taylor." She whispered his name, and he opened his eyes. " I... I am so glad to see you. You really scared me by disappearing on us today."

Taylor looked at her, and gave her a half smile. " Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." He reached a hand out to her, and she took it. " I'm glad your here."

" I wouldn't be anywhere else right now, Taylor." She smiled at him, and wiped away her tears with her free hand. " Your one of my best friends." 

" I guess I shouldn't have gotten into my car after fighting with them, should I have?" He asked her.

" No, you shouldn't have. Taylor, I have an uncle I never got to meet because he got into a car accident on his bike. He had fought with his parents before taking off, and it happened right in front of the house. My dad even saw it happen." She told him. 

" I'm sorry, Sarah. I promise I will never do this again." He looked her in the eyes, and smiled. 

" And your one of my best friends too by the way. If it wasn't for that stupid rule..."

" Maybe Isaac will help us out. He actually thinks it is good for you to have me around." She interrupted him, just as Isaac came into the room. 

" If you play your cards right, maybe I will." Isaac said, surprising the both of them. They both jumped at the sound of his voice. " Could I spend a few minutes with my brother, Sarah?"

" Of course." Sarah gave Taylor a light hug. " I'll see you later, Taylor." She walked out of the room, and decided to walk down to the caffeteria to find something to munch on. Ignoring Diana and Walker when she walked past them in the waiting room, that's where she headed.

_________________________________________________

Taylor was stuck in the hospital for a couple days before he was finally able to go home, and even then he wasn't fully alone. His parents spent a lot of time with him, although they never brought Sarah with them. Little did she know that they were thinking of even just sending her home back to Minnesota, since things weren't working out the way they wanted them to. 

A week passed before Sarah and Taylor finally saw each other again. Isaac had talked his parents into taking a break from taking care of Taylor, and he took both Sarah and Taylor out for a pizza. Then he dropped them off at the park at Taylor's request. 

Taking Sarah's hand in his, Taylor led her down the walking path. " It's about time we get some time to ourselves. I've missed seeing you, Sarah."

" Yeah. This whole thing with your parents is just... insane. I hate it." Sarah looked him in the eyes for a moment, looking away when he smiled at her. His smile just made her melt. 

" I really don't get why their treating you like a kid, Sarah. It's like... their worried we will sleep together or something." He looked at her curiously. " I... your not... I mean, you don't have a thing for me or something, do you?" 

Sarah paused when he asked her about her feelings, stopping dead in her tracks. She stumbled on her words. " I... when I... you've always been... well, I don't..."

That was enough to give the answer away. He nodded at her, a small smile on his face. " I am so flattered, Sarah. You are such a beautiful woman. Your sweet, kind, caring, funny, and..."

" You don't have to say those things, Taylor. I know you don't see me in that way. Your... you have a wife, even if she is gone at the moment. And I know you still love her so much considering the situation." She interrupted him, trying to hold back the tears that were threatining to spill over. 

" Hey, that doesn't mean I don't care about you. You've really been there for me, Sarah. It means so much to me to have you in my life. To be completely honest, I... I feel something when I am with you. I really do. You make me feel good." He told her, cupping her face in his hands and looking into her eyes. " And I'm not saying any of this because I think that is what you need to hear. I mean it."

She wrapped her arms around him, and kissed his cheek. " I believe you." Pulling him into a tight hug, she rested her head on his chest. 

He smiled, holding her close. " Let's just take things one step at a time though. Can we do that?" 

" Of course. Taylor, I don't expect for a relationship with you to go anywhere right now. I just want to be around you." She looked up at him, smiling back. 

They continued walking and spent the next half hour talking before they called Isaac back to have him pick them up. After dropping Taylor off at home, Isaac then brought Sarah home. Diana and Walker of course questioned her about her time out and about with him, wanting to know what all the had done together. Leaving out the part where her and Taylor had gone for a walk through the park together, she told the truth about Isaac taking them out for pizza. They were satisfied with her answer, and left her alone for the night.