Chapter 1

A/N: I am currently going through and editing each chapter, so they were unpublished for the time being. I am keeping this one up, but as soon as I get through the rest I will republish them all sparkly and new! EDIT: I have finished the edits on Chapter one! Let me know if you see anything that could/should be fixed, thank you :)

I strolled back to my arm chair in the corner of my gray bedroom, the castle's cold, stone floor sent shots of electric up my body. It was close to sunrise, I felt my skin heat up as thoughts of sitting under the warm glow of the sun with my companion, and picking fruits until my fingers bled. Spring was my favorite season, it wasn't too cold, but it wasn't too hot either. It was the perfect blend of everything. The smell of the fresh milk water from the falls out east was the most fragrant and smooth scent, it was gentle on the nose, but tasty on the tongue. I sniffed the air around me in my bedroom, but got only dirt and mildew. I shook away the nasty smells and sat on the chair, I spent enough time thinking about the wonderful green fields of Airo, it was time to get ready for the day. 

I pulled the chair closer to my armoire, the mirror was spotted with dirt, but I was able to see enough of my face to put on makeup. I scrunched my nose at my messy purple stragglers, I took the brown horse hair brush to my right, and moved it from top to bottom. My hair was on the thin side, but it still had a few knots here and there. I hadn't brushed my hair in a couple days so it was more unkempt than normal, "Ugh..." I moan as my hair got messier than before. "I may as well just cut it off." I tugged at the strands and rolled my eyes.

A loving voice rang through my mine,"Remember darling, your power lies in the length of your beautiful purple hair, you cut it, you also cut all ties with your power."  My mother's voice warned in my memories, I had once tried to cut it when I was younger, but she caught me in time. I was a terrible child and hated my hair long, but I grew to love it with her help.

"I can't." I got the last of the many tiresome knots out of my hair and threw it in a perfect twisted bun in the middle of my head. It was tight and there were no pesky fly-aways. 

I heard a knock on my door, I told whoever it was to come in, my jaw dropped at the sight of my best friend. "Zachariah!" I got up and hugged him, I hadn't seen him in five months; since the war broke out in the western countries of Gordion. 

His hair was the same beautiful medium length, bright turquoise it always was. It shaded his light blue skin in a perfect sweep across his features. I laid my head in the crook of his neck and smelled it; he smelled of soil and sweat, I pulled my face away from his sticky skin and looked into his blue ocean orbs, it always made him uncomfortable when I did that. He wasn't one for eye contact, even as a child he hated looking people in the eyes.

Zachariah put his hand over my eyes so he couldn't see me staring at him, then pulled his clammy palm away when I told him I'd stop. He sighed and began to speak in an excited tone between small giggles. "Di, calm down, it's just me. I'm excited to see you too, but come on, get off." His stomach rolled around as his laughter bellowed, I clung onto his neck like a child--I swung myself back and forth giggling nonstop. After a bit he pulled me off of him, his expression was hard, almost smeared with tension and anger, he grabbed my shoulders and looked me in eye. It had to be serious. "I need you to keep this a secret, ok?" 

I nodded. "Okay, what is it?" I scanned his body up and down to see if he was visibly injured or not, his magic was perfectly dusted on his skin, no disturbances. "I don't see anything wrong with you, your dust seems to be in tact as well." I couldn't tell what was wrong, but his hands were shaking like a leaf and his eyes were bulging from their sockets in paranoia. He looked at and relaxed a little.