Chapter 3

**Let me preface this chapter with this: My writing style has probably changed since I last updated this so don't be shocked if it sounds different than before. Also, please let me know of any mistakes made (spelling, grammar, etc.) in the comments, it's appreciated! Enjoy!

I saw pitch black like a moonless, cloudy night as the carriage rattled my body around, my ankles hit the cold metal of the bolts holding the wood pieces together. The smell was a mix of day-old horse dung and centuries-old sweat, it was hard to even take in a single breath without the urge to vomit all over the wooden walls. My eyes burned and teared up from the conditions I forced into, an acidic lump sat in my throat as I fought back my body's reaction to the awful stench that invaded my entire being. The men outside yelled directions at each other and whipped at the horses to go faster and knocked up so many dust bunnies it made me sneeze.

"We've arrived." The carriage came to a sudden stop, I jerked forward and my body went flat against the metal parts of the box, a piece of wood found a new home in the first few layers of my thumb skin, though my head got most of the damage as it had hit the wood and metal in the same jolt.

A small crack of light appeared, my eyes took a minute to adjust before I was able to recognize anything. The miniature doors squeaked open and a man in a black cloak and dark mask grabbed me by the hair and dragged me out as violently as the carriage ride had been. I screeched in pain as he tugged more until we got to the appropriate location. A large amount of my dust fell off onto the ground below me from the hair he had clumped in his hand, the purple shimmered in the dimmed light of day. My body was dragged across the fresh-cut green blades of grass and thrown into a small round pod that sat at the edge of a cliff. 

The pod was a white opal on the outside with a green protective cover to keep the heat from destroying it and a small square window at the top as a lookout as it traveled the expanse of space. the inside was smooth black leather that smelled about as bad as the inside of that wooden death trap I was dragged here inside of. The space of the pod was so tiny, I had to curl my legs against my chest in order to fit, it was a mystery as to how any man would have fit inside since even I had a hard time. The gown I had on was ripped away from my body and I was left in only my lavender shift. The silk of my underclothes rubbed against my slimy, sweat-ridden skin as the man buckled the brown leather straps tight around my chest and legs so when the pod landed, I'd be left in one piece.

The cloaked man's voice was harsh and raw like he drank nails in his spare time, "You ready?" He knelt down next to me, I backed away a little, my heart was in my throat as he whispered, "I'm only going to ask this once because I'm technically not supposed to do this, but do you want anything to eat for your journey?"

Well, at least he's kind of being nice... I thought as he backed away from the pod in wait for my response. 

I shook my head, I didn't want to lose myself or my pride, plus I was a bit freaked out about everything and wasn't sure if it would even stay down. "I do have one request though, sir." I pulled my hair forward over my exposed shoulders and straightened it out, it was a mess after the other man drug me over the grass.

"What might that be?" He rummaged around his saddlebag for a few seconds before he pulled out a small brown pouch and handed it to me, it felt small and round like it was some sort of locket or a pendant. It felt wrong to open it in front of him, so I decided it was best to wait until I was on my way out.

I nodded, "I was hoping my horse, Triton, would be taken care of while I'm gone?" Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them away, I didn't want to show anyone my weaknesses no matter who it is, not right now when I'm literally at my worst. I held it together enough to explain every little detail about the care that had to go into my horse, I hoped that he would do that for me, but there was a doubt in my heart that this man, I didn't even know, would do something that huge for me. An exile.