Chapter Six: A Send Off

Days have passed since Aria took her Dad home from the hospital. Dominic and the gang are preparing a BBQ at their house to remember how important family is and to spend quality time together. Aria walks upstairs into the spare room at her Dad's house to get ready for the BBQ, she looks through her suitcase to find something nice to wear. Hmmm what to wear? Aria thinks to herself. Aria pulls out this silky red summer dress that she pairs with black lace up sandals, she lets her hair hang loosely and does her make up. When she walks downstairs to see if her Dad is ready she was shocked to find who was standing in the living room, it was her Mum.  She runs to her Mum and embraces her into a big hug, "oh my gosh Mum, you are here!". "Oh Aria honey, I was missing you and I wanted to come out to be with you and your Dad" Aria's Mum says.  "My...my Aria you look absolutely stunning".  "You are my Mum, you are supposed to say that" Aria smiles.  "No angel, your Mum is right you will blow Dominic away" Aria's Dad says.  "Oh my gosh Dad" Aria blushes.

Aria and her parents make their way to the BBQ. Aria rings the doorbell and Brian opens the door, "Aria you are here, everyone is in the garden, come in". Aria and her parents make their way to the garden where Aria sees Mia first, "Hi Aria, I am so glad you are here, you look absolutely stunning, my brother is going to fall head over heels when he sees you". Aria blushes.  "He is in the garage, why don't you go surprise him" Mia smiles.  "I might just surprise him" Aria blushes. Mia laughs. Aria makes her way to the garage and knocks on the door and walks in. Dominic looks to see Aria standing at the door. He gazes at Aria and is gob smacked on how beautiful she looks, "seeing you right now makes me fall for you even more". Aria blushes shyly while having a big smile on her face. Dominic walks over to Aria and caress her face and pulls her closer and plants a kiss on her lips. Aria just loses control when he kisses her. Dominic picks her up and carries her over to the chair still kissing her passionately.  Then they hear Brian calling them that the food is ready. They all sit at the table where Brian makes an announcement.  "I have some exciting news everyone, Mia and I can't wait any longer to tell you all, we are having a baby". Everyone takes a minute to realise what has just been said.  "Oh my gosh that is fantastic news guys, congratulations!" Aria squeals happily. Dominic is shocked to learn that he is going to be an uncle. He embraces Mia and Brian into a big hug. While everyone gives their congratulations to Mia and Brian, Dominic makes an announcement.

"I just want to say, moments like these are the ones that you should treasure for the rest of your life.  To also remember that the most important thing in life will always be family". Everyone raises their glass while saying "to family". While everyone is chatting away, Aria glances over to Dominic to see that he is already looking back with a big smile on his face. Aria feels her heart flutter. It came to midnight, Aria and her parents are getting ready to go home. Aria tells Dominic that she would like to take her Dad to a few street races and to the Christ the Redeemer statue that overlooks Rio de Janeiro.  "We will give your Dad the best send off, I promise" Dominic says while kissing Aria on the forehead. Aria stays strong to keep the tears at bay.

Aria spends the rest of her days cherishing each moment she spends with her Dad. She takes him to two different street races. Today she is taking her Dad to see the Christ the Redeemer statue with her Mum and Dominic. After slowly making their way to the top they all take a look at that their surroundings and see how beautiful Rio is. While Aria and her Mum take photos of the scenery, Aria's Dad talks to Dominic.  "My daughter is really smitten with you Dominic, I want you to promise me something".  "Yes anything" Dominic replies.  "I want you to promise me that you won't hurt her, that you will take good care of her when I am gone" Aria's Dad says.  "I promise you I won't hurt Aria, I am falling in love with her". Aria's Dad smiles feeling at peace that Aria may have finally found the one.  "Dad, Dom come get in the photo!" Aria calls out. After many photos were taken, Aria's Dad mentions, "this past week has been a week full of laughter, smiles and most importantly love.  I just want to say that I am a very happy man that I have my beautiful daughter, my love and my new friend Dominic together with me".  Aria smiles while saying, "I love you daddy, always and forever".  "Hey Dad, look at that beautiful sunset".  They all watch the sun go down creating beautiful pink and orange skies. Aria's Dad takes a good look at his family and Dominic and feels content.       

They all make their way home. Dominic and Aria help her Dad into the house as he is very weak while Aria's Mum holds the front door open.  They place him into the armchair. Aria's Dad asks for a cup of tea and if there is any biscuits. Aria's Mum retreats to the kitchen to make a pot tea for everyone.  "I will help Mum" Aria calls out while walking into the kitchen. After 10 minutes Aria calls Dominic to help them carry the stuff into the living room. Dominic goes to help Aria and her Mum.  "Here is your tea Dad, I also managed to find your favourite chocolate biscuits".  It takes Aria a minute to realise that her Dad is not breathing and that he has passed away. Aria feels her heart shatter into a million pieces and the tears pour out.  "No...No...Daddy" Aria sobs loudly. Dominic holds Aria tightly not letting her go.  "I've got you Aria, I promise" Dominic whispers into her ear.

-------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Please don't forget to vote & comment :)

I hope you guys are liking the story so far!