Chapter Nine: Living in Paradise

A month has passed since the gang went their separate ways. Gisele and Han are living in Hong Kong.  Tej and Roman are living in luxury. Brian and Mia are living together with their unborn child in the Canary Islands in Spain. Dominic and Aria have decided to stay in Spain as well to be close to Brian and Mia. Dominic uses his money to buy himself a black 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, Aria uses her money to buy herself a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro in blue. Aria has decided to keep her house back in San Francisco using it as a holiday house, for whenever Dominic and Aria wanted a change of scenery.  Dominic and Aria are getting ready to go see Brian and Mia.

Aria's POV

While I watch Dom sleep peacefully next to me in bed, I smile thinking how did I get lucky with you? You have certainly made my life an adventure.  You are like a force everyone is drawn to, once they have met you they don't leave you, they become a part of your family, just like I did.  Then all of a sudden I get this horrible nausea feeling in my stomach which causes me to sit upright looking out the window.

"Aria, are you alright?" Dom asks me.  "Yes, I am fine" I lied. "Come here". Dom pulls me closer to him planting a kiss on my lips.  "I suppose we better get ready" I added. After taking a shower and got dressed we make our way outside to the garage where the cars are stored.  "We will take the Dodge Challenger today Aria".  "Ok Dom" I reply.  Then we make our way to see Brian and Mia. We pull up outside their house parking next to Brian's 2010 Nissan GT-R R35. Brian and Mia come to greet us as they saw us pull up.

"Aria, Dom this is a lovely surprise" Brian says while giving us a hug each.  "Mia, you are absolutely glowing" I say when giving her a hug. Mia and I take a seat on the beach to watch the waves and have a catch up, while the boys stay near the house having a drink.

Dom's POV

"This is the happiest I have ever seen my sister" I say to Brian.  "It's because we are free" Brian replies.  "This is probably the happiest I have seen you since Letty died Dom".  I gaze upon Aria.  "She reminds me of Letty so much, the more I got to know her, the more I started to fall for her".  "You know, I want another shot" Brian tells me.  I see he is looking at the cars.  "Yeah?" I ask.  "Yeah, no wagers, nobody else.  Just you and me, once and for all" Brian challenges me.  "You sure you can handle the disappointment?"  "Are you?" Brian threatens. I grin while saying, "Ok O'Connor, let's see what you got.  Dominic and Brian get into their cars driving off for a race.

Aria and Mia watch the boys drive off.  "Oh I bet you, they are off for a race" Mia shakes her head.  "They will never change" Aria chuckles.  "Do you know the gender of the baby yet Mia?" Aria asks. "No, me and Brian wanted to keep it a surprise".  "I think that is a wonderful idea Mia, I can't wait to meet the little one".  The boys come back after the race with Brian pulling up the drive first.  "Well it looks like Brian won" Aria mentions.  "Oh Dom probably let him win like he always does" Mia chuckles.  Mia and Aria retreat inside to prepare the dinner. After cooking the chicken, roasting the potatoes and preparing the salad, the food is ready.  They all sit down at the table catching up on who actually won the race.  10 minutes later Aria gets the nausea feeling again and runs to the bathroom.  Dominic has worry written on his face.  "Don't worry Dom, I will go and see if Aria is alright" Mia mentions.  Aria is splashing water on her face while looking in the mirror.  "Are you ok Aria?" Mia says entering the bathroom.  "I have been getting these sudden pains at random times for no obvious reason". Mia has a smile on her face.  "What?" Aria observed the smile on Mia's face.  "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?" Mia asks.  Aria is taken a back and realises she is late.  "Oh my god, I cannot be pregnant" Aria says with a shocked expression.  "There is only one way to find out" Mia mentions.  "You can use a spare pregnancy test I have stocked in the cabinet". Aria takes the pregnancy test and waits a few minutes then she sees two pink lines that indicates she is pregnant.

"Oh my gosh, I am pregnant" Aria says while shaking.  "Hey it will be ok, you will be a good mum" Mia says soothingly.  "It's just... I don't think Dom will want this baby" Aria sighs.  "I know my brother comes across as tough, but really he is a big softie.  I know he will be so happy to have a kid of his own".  "Beside I am going to be an auntie" Mia squeals.  "I don't know if I can tell him" Aria stated.  "Trust me, I felt like you did, I wasn't sure I could tell Brian, but honestly he was so thrilled" Mia mentions.  "Well here goes nothing" Aria says.

Mia and Aria walk back into the living room to rejoin the boys at the table.  "Are you alright Aria?" Dominic says with concern. Aria looks at Mia with worry. Mia gives her a look indicating to trust her.  "Dom, I have to tell you something" Aria says while shaking.  "What is the matter Aria? you are scaring me".  "Dom, I'm...pregnant" Aria quotes. It surprises Dominic so much that he is speechless.  "Dom, i-if you don't want the baby" I start but he interrupts me.  "No Aria, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me" he says, making me sigh in relief.  "We are going to have a little Toretto huh" Dom says with a big grin on his face.  This causes Aria to laugh happily.  Dominic picks Aria up and plants a big kiss on her lips.  Brian and Mia are giving big hugs and their congratulations.  "The family has just got even bigger" Brian mentions.

Will Aria have a boy or a girl?