13

I stepped through the doorway, entering a larger chamber. I sighed in relief. Even though I wasn't claustrophobic, the cramped tunnel was really getting to me.

Number 402, Chelsea is the third to finish the Third Phase. I zoned out as my eyes landed on none other than Hisoka. Turning up my music, I walked in, giving Gittarackur who was also there a nod. Hisoka merely smirked at me, taking out his cards to construct another tower.

I heard some extremely annoying noises through my headphones and turned to see Hanzo, another applicant. He had literally walked in right after me. I laughed inside upon seeing his disappointment at having finished fourth. Lol, Hanzo, lol.

I sat down in a spot some ways from the other guys and relaxed. It was going to be quite a while before the rest of the seventy-two hours was up. I leaned back against the wall. What an oh-so-boring phase.

My eyes widened for a split second as they landed on a bloody gash on Hisoka's right shoulder. An unexplainable anger boiled up inside me as I saw it, making my eyes turn slightly red, which I just as quickly stopped. The Kurta eyes did react to strong emotions you felt, as I had discovered long ago, and although I could mysteriously control the change, it still applied to me. I paused, still thinking. Who could do such a thing to Hisoka anyway? As far as I knew, you wouldn't be able to lay a finger on him if he didn't want you to.

My eyes glanced over another cut on his left side, and I just couldn't take it anymore. No one gets to hurt my friend even if he's a psychopath clown. With a bit of difficulty, I composed myself, making my way over to him.

Hisoka raised an eyebrow, watching me approach. "Is there something wrong, my fruit?~" I moved the torn folds of his shirt aside to look at the long bloody gash. Relief spread over my face as I saw it wasn't as deep as I thought.

I raised my hand over it, intending to heal it and the other gash, but Hisoka took my arm away. "Oh, don't bother~," he said, increasing my fury.

Abandoning the thought of controlling my emotions entirely, I turned to the clown. "At least let me find whoever-"

"I killed him.~" Of course he would. I flopped down on my belly beside Hisoka, feeling really sad I couldn't do anything to help.

"Aww, my fruit is worried about me. Too bad I had all of the fun by myself.~" He chuckled lightly. "You'll have more fun as you ripen, so don't be sad.~" I merely sighed. Hisoka's psychotic comments had ceased to get my reactions long ago.

"Who was he?" I asked Hisoka, still wanting to know about his assailant. Draping my legs over his and scooting up, I leaned my head on his left shoulder. The jester made no comment at this.

"He was an incompetent examiner from last year's hunter exam who failed me." Besides being one of his 'fruits', Hisoka also treated me kind of like Illumi, discussing various topics like this. In a way, he also considered me a friend.

"At least you made him pay for it." Without apparent reason, I began laughing, and soon Hisoka joined in. The other applicants in the room looked at us weirdly, but I savored the moment.

"Say, Chelsea-chan?" a strange, somewhat metallic voice said off to my right. I turned, surprised to see it had come from Gittarackur.

"Eh, you can talk, Gitta-san?" I usually addressed him as Gittarackur in this form, and an alternative name would be nice. Gittarackur made no reply on the name.

"Of course I am capable of human speech. How else am I supposed to talk to people that are not wise enough to comprehend simple noises?" He clacked to emphasize this.

"Kay, then. Nice to know, Gitta-san." I looked back at my wristband. So much time left.

Bored, I struck up another conversation with both Hisoka and Gittarackur. Their paths for this phase also seemed too easy. We talked for a while before that bored me too.

Looking up at Hisoka, I said, "I'm gonna take a nap, Hisoka-kun. Don't kill me." Whether the use of '-kun' or the last sentence amused him I didn't know, but he smiled creepily in confirmation. I laid my head on his shoulder and drifted off.

¤♡¤

Regular POV

Kurapika sat in the room with his friends and the rookie crusher, Tonpa, reading and occasionally thinking of Chelsea. She was one of his new friends and was a Kurta clan member as well. He still couldn't believe it. She wasn't just his friend anymore. She could be...a sister. Yes, that would be fitting.

His thoughts temporarily strayed to the fake Phantom Troupe member he defeated, wondering what Chelsea would think once she heard of that. She had always been interested in his cause for becoming a Hunter.

Kurapika rolled over to assume a more comfortable position for the next book he was beginning. They were still going to be stuck here for the next two days to wait out the fifty hours Leorio had so foolishly gambled away in the prisoners' game to satisfy his perverted tastes. Kurapika mused deeper into his book. That left them about ten hours to go through the tower after this, but he wouldn't stress. There had to be a way.

Tired, he closed his eyes, thinking of what could have happened had Chelsea dropped through that fifth panel instead of Tonpa, and even more importantly where she was now.

So, just forget that I was going to write this based exactly on the 2011 hxh. It's going to be 1999+2011+my creativity. ♡w♡