Mystery Gift Bag

A/N: If you have an idea who you think it is, please don't mention in the comments. Para may suspense :D hahahahaha chos....

It's the last day of campaigning for the 2016 elections, and the Liberal Party already pulling all the stop. A sea of yellow and black surrounded the holding areas in time for the miting de avance, and the harried chaos of the backstage kept everyone from the candidates to the volunteers on their toes.

Meanwhile, in the holding area reserved for the presidential and vice presidential candidate, Leni found herself downing yet another cup of green tea, her 8th since morning. With only a couple of hours of sleep under her belt, all she wanted was to curl up in her bed and sleep the night away, but being in a statistical tie for first with her closest rival meant having to work harder than ever before.

As soon as she's about to enter to the fray, a volunteer called her attention with a small yellow and purple gift bag on hand.

"Rep. Leni, may nagpapabigay sa iyo."

Leni gasped in shock at the thought of someone giving her a gift. With the volunteer out of sight, Leni opened the bag to reveal a small pack of Cheetos Jalapeno chips, a tin of green tea, and a small pink envelope with a marker and strips of sticker paper inside.

"Pang-label ng gifts mo.", according to the envelope. She couldn't help but laugh at that bit. Whoever this person was knew her pretty well.

She then took out the letter in the pink envelope and started reading through it.

Hi Leni,

I hope na-enjoy ng VP ko ung little good luck gift ko for her hihihihihi.

Okay, well, just wanted to say that I've been admiring you from afar for quite a while now, but it's only now did I have the guts to give you something to show my love for you, kahit na alam ko na basted lang ang babagsakan ko.

Sino ako? Well, ayoko munang sabihin kaya codename muna. At least not yet, but in due time I just might. This gift will certainly not be the last

In the meantime, enjoy! Good luck sa miting de avance and sa May 9.

Love,
Sasa

Leni's heart grew three sizes too tall that someone out there went this far to show her love for her. She ran through the list of people in her head as to who could this mysterious Sasa person be, but none of them seem to match.

She suddenly remembered her daughters' apprehensions of her dating someone else, and wanted to throw the letter away so they won't ever know, but the thought of this person pouring their heart and soul made Leni think twice.

Another volunteer popped in while she was reading the letter. "Starting in 5 minutes, Rep. Leni."

Leni nodded and shoved the gift bag and the letter in her purse and entered into the fray, still thinking about the mysterious admirer in her midst.