New Relationship Energy

A/N: This was the original Chapter 1 of Book 2, but moved it here instead.

Leni woke up to the incessant buzzing coming from her phone on her bedside table. She wore her glasses to see the messages more clearly and found out that her daughters flooded their WhatsApp group chat the entire time she was asleep.

She looked on the other side to find Risa spooning her and snoozing the night away. It wasn't as if Leni slept on her bed alone. After all, she, Aika, Tricia and Jillian slept on the same bed together all the time.

But it's been ages since she, and also Risa, for that matter, shared a bed with someone else.

Just then, Leni felt a pointy chin resting on her shoulder, followed by a sweet voice. "Morning, love. Sino yan?"

"Ung tatlo 'to. Nangangamusta lang."

While she replied to her daughters' messages on the group chat, Risa planted light, fluttery kisses on her cheek down to the side of her neck. A warm glow radiated from inside her the more Risa did it. One she couldn't explain with mere words.

Marrying at a young age meant Leni never really got to really explore the many different possibilities of loving someone. She wouldn't trade those many decades for anything but that also meant feeling like a teenager taking things back to square one all over again during her golden years.

Ending up with another woman meant there's no guidebook for it either. With the high from yesterday sinking back in, Leni froze in a state of panic over what's gonna happen next. "Ma, kinakabahan talaga ako."

"Bakit naman?"

Leni took another deep breath to collect herself, but her heart thumped like nobody's business. "Di talaga ako marunong sa ganito eh. What if I do everything wrong?"

Sensing her distress, Risa laid a hand on top of Leni's and rubbed circles with her thumb.Somehow the smooth, circling motions combined with Risa's soothing tone eased up Leni's nerves a tad. "Ga, alam ko ung pakiramdam na yan. Nangangapa rin ako, pero kahit ganun, di kita iiwanan sa gitna ng daan."

Leni chuckled on her use of one line from her inauguration speech. "Promise yan, Sa, ha?"

Risa simply nodded. "Promise."

She clung even closer to Leni and wrapped her arms around her waist. How they wished they could just stay in bed forever holding each other, but resounding chime of the doorbell meant that would have to wait.