Chapter 14

Scott and Mitch were just walking through the lobby, when Mitch had to remind Scott to put his shirt back on.

Of course, he didn't mind staring at Scott's bare skin. He just didn't like the attention Scott was getting, that wasn't coming from Mitch.

They'd just gotten into the elevator, while Scott fidgeted around with his shirt before putting it on.

Mitch frowned when another Omega checked Scott out, as the elevator doors closed. "Twelve."

Scott looked to him immediately. "What's that, babe?"

"Nothing, just... I said twelve."

Scott pulled his shirt over his head. "Twelve? Like the drummers drumming?"

"Yes of course that's exactly what I meant." Mitch smacked his arm, continuing to pout. "You dork."

Scott smiled at the sarcasm, but continued."Why twelve, baby?"

"Twelve Omegas looked at you like a piece of meat, just in the few minutes it took to get from the beach to this very spot."

Scott ignored the statistic, and leaned over to kiss the spot behind Mitch's ear. "Including you?"

Mitch frowned. "No."

Scott set his hand on Mitch's upper back, to lean down a little and get a good look at Mitch's face. "Don't pout."

"Why aren't you upset? They can't do that."

"When did staring become a crime?"

"But they-- they made me upset. You're mine, exclusively, to stare at. Not theirs."

Scott grabbed Mitch's wrist, holding his wedding ring in front of his face. "Need I remind you who my husband is?"

Mitch yanked his hand away. "No. I know that. But that doesn't mean I can't get a little jealous of the people that--"

Scott turned away from him, making him stop his sentence, and then hit the button to open the doors regardless of what floor they were on.

He pulled Mitch out of the enclosed space, and then walked into a random group of people that were conversing.

They all stopped to stare at the two boys, but Scott spoke up before they could ask questions.

Scott squeezed Mitch's hand, and then held it up in the air for the others to see. "This is Mitch, my Omega." Scott held up his other hand to show them his ring, having to turn a little to be sure the entire circle saw him. "He's also my husband."

One of the female Omegas 'aww'ed loudly.

Scott grinned at her, and continued. "My life has never been as wonderful as it has been since I married him. Since I met him, even."

Mitch stared at him with wide eyes, not sure how to react.

Where did this confidence come from?

"I tattooed his name over my heart, because our love is just as permanent as the ink." Scott dropped Mitch's hand to pull his shirt over his head again, pointing to his tattoo when he had the chance, the dog tag still resting against his sternum.

More of them made approving noises, one of the female Alphas putting her arm over one of the Omegas' shoulders.

Scott turned to Mitch and grabbed his hips, pulling Mitch roughly into his body. "I love him more than anything in the entire world. I'd die for him, if it ever came to that."