Chapter 35

The house was quiet until after dinner, when they'd all chosen a movie to watch together.

Alex didn't even know what hit him, since he'd fallen asleep on the couch with his head on Travis' shoulder. When he woke up, it was because Jake and Todrick were arguing about something, and Kirstie was tugging on his arm to get him out of the room.

Avi saw Kevin in the kitchen, giving Grace another bottle. He gave Kevin a nod, and then turned to find the others.

Avi didn't say a word, except to grab Kirstie's hand, and then Alex's, and then pulled them outside.

He gestured toward the car, checking for his wallet, phone and keys, before he followed the two Omegas into the vehicles.

Once he got in the driver's seat and turned on the car to turn the heater on, he met Kirstie's eyes. "So... Um... Do you guys want ice cream or something?"

Kirstie shrugged. "Seems a little cold outside for that, no?"

"Well, I don't know. How about hot chocolate?"

Kirstie grinned widely, and then turned to Alex. "Does that sound good, Allie?"

Alex just nodded, rubbing one of his eyes tiredly. Kirstie had forgotten that he'd just woken up not three minutes ago.

Avi didn't wait for an answer, as he pulled out of the driveway.

Kirstie spoke up all of a sudden. "I still can't believe how nice Mitchie looked tonight."

Avi hummed. "Scott didn't look bad either."

Alex nodded, still trying to wake up. "They both looked wonderful."

Kirstie turned in her seat to face him. "Make sure your seatbelt is on, honey."

Alex looked down at himself, and then giggled, grabbing the seatbelt to lock it in. "I'm sorry. I forgot."

Kirstie turned back around, sitting in silence for a minute or so.

Alex was the one to speak up again. "Why did we leave? Did we ask the others if they wanted anything?"

Avi met his eyes for a second, before looking back down. "No, we didn't ask."

Kirstie turned again in her seat. "There's an argument happening."

Alex's eyes widened a little. "Not Jakey and Trav... Right?"

"Right."

"Oh no... Was it the Betas?"

"Nope. Allie, don't stress out about it. Does hot chocolate sound good to you? We can do something else if you want."

"No, hot chocolate is fine. Thank you for bringing me with you."

She smiled a little. "You're welcome. I'm excited to hang out with you, even if just for a little bit! Can I sit by you?"

Alex grinned at her, and Avi nodded at Kirstie when she looked over. "Hurry, Kit."

Kirstie quickly unbuckled herself, climbing into the backseat, and then buckling herself again in the middle seat, beside Alex.

Alex immediately leaned over and set his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes to sleep again. "You smell nice."

"Thank you! I got a new perfume a few days ago, it's so nice of you to notice."

"Smells like.... Candy apples or something."

Kirstie smiled again, reaching over to grab his hand. "Can I hold your hand, Allie?"

"Of course you can."